Howard B.S. / M.D. Information

Alea Iacta Est

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day to all here. I'm not certain whether to post this in HSDN or here but I digress.

Recently I was accepted into Howard University's BS/MD program. However, there is a dearth of information on the program, especially any from this decade, even on this site. I am wondering if people who have participated in the program may be able to offer me their experience with it and advice, as well as answer questions such as the following.

On my acceptance letter it stated that one must complete all electives for a major other than Biology. However, I applied as a Biology major. What does this mean for my major prospects?

How was the courseload?]

Thank you to all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but for the first question I would highly recommend to direct your question to whomever handles the BS/MD program at Howard. Just call and explain that you're an admitted student and want to speak to someone about some specific concerns you have with your program requirements.

I work in my uni's undergraduate admissions office and have seen many people get screwed over when they got program-specific advice from unofficial sources.

Again probably not the answer you were looking for, but regarding the second question you could ask the BS/MD program director or office if they could help you get in contact with a couple current students. We occasionally get similar requests at my uni's UA office and (regardless of the program in question) we've always found more than a couple students who love sharing their insight to new and prospective students. I'm sure there'd be some at Howard too if you just ask.

Hopefully you can find some people on here in that program, though. I apologize for not being as helpful as you would've hoped.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but for the first question I would highly recommend to direct your question to whomever handles the BS/MD program at Howard. Just call and explain that you're an admitted student and want to speak to someone about some specific concerns you have with your program requirements.

I work in my uni's undergraduate admissions office and have seen many people get screwed over when they got program-specific advice from unofficial sources.

Again probably not the answer you were looking for, but regarding the second question you could ask the BS/MD program director or office if they could help you get in contact with a couple current students. We occasionally get similar requests at my uni's UA office and (regardless of the program in question) we've always found more than a couple students who love sharing their insight to new and prospective students. I'm sure there'd be some at Howard too if you just ask.

Hopefully you can find some people on here in that program, though. I apologize for not being as helpful as you would've hoped.

Good luck!

It's perfectly fine! I tried calling and emailing on more than one occasion to no response which made me come here.
I never thought I could try and get in contact with current students through them so you were still a help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good day to all here. I'm not certain whether to post this in HSDN or here but I digress.

Recently I was accepted into Howard University's BS/MD program. However, there is a dearth of information on the program, especially any from this decade, even on this site. I am wondering if people who have participated in the program may be able to offer me their experience with it and advice, as well as answer questions such as the following.

On my acceptance letter it stated that one must complete all electives for a major other than Biology. However, I applied as a Biology major. What does this mean for my major prospects?

How was the courseload?]

Thank you to all in advance.
It's perfectly fine! I tried calling and emailing on more than one occasion to no response which made me come here.
I never thought I could try and get in contact with current students through them so you were still a help.

do you mind sharing your stats or emailing me. Im very interested in the BS/MD program at howard.

do you mind sharing your stats or emailing me. Im very interested in the BS/MD program at howard.
Hey i saw that you are interested in Howard's BS/MD. I'm also trying to get it ,but ive heard nothing back at all. Have you? And if u dont mind me asking, what are your GPA and SAT scores looking like?

Hey i saw that you are interested in Howard's BS/MD. I'm also trying to get it ,but ive heard nothing back at all. Have you? And if u dont mind me asking, what are your GPA and SAT scores looking like?

I’m not applying this year. I was only asking because there is NOTHING online and I just want to know the requirements/ recommendations for the program. I haven’t taken the SAT yet. I’m taking it October 2019. I’m graduating in June 2021 and applying to colleges in September-December 2020. But so far I have a 3.9 GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN