Howard University C/O 2017: Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It took them about 3 weeks to calculate mine. I'd say that you should call the office of admissions and ask them.
I was hesitant at first to call when I had a question, but they're really nice. (202) 806-6533. They were able to see my stuff before pharmcas even sent it out.

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Marlon and he said we don't get a supplemental unless we're invited for an interview

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

For those who have already interviewed, how was parking and transportation; do they have enough parking since its Saturday? How many questions did they ask during the interview and how was the math test?
Sorry if I'm asking too much, but help!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a phone call first an invitation to go for an interview. does anyone know how their interview process is? has anyone heard any good or bad reviews about the school? I've already been accepted to Shenandoah in VA already and I am debating if I should spend money to fly out there again since I am from cali. I think tuition is the same so im curious about the quality of the education and if the professors and teachers are there for the students. Any insight will help

I'm in the same boat as you. Just got the call today. Anyone out there I'm just wondering
about the interview process and how they conduct it. If its relaxed .

When do they send you supplemental?

When do they send you supplemental?

The supplemental is only required if you are invited for an interview. It is available on their website and in the interview invitation email. I'm interviewing tomorrow :D

I you guys don't mind me asking, but what are the stats for people who got invited to an interview?

The supplemental is only required if you are invited for an interview. It is available on their website and in the interview invitation email. I'm interviewing tomorrow :D

When did you esubmit your PharmCAS? I esubmitted mine on 10/31 still haven't heard anything from them. Should I call and ask?

I esubmitted few weeks ago waiting for it to be verified

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

When did you esubmit your PharmCAS? I esubmitted mine on 10/31 still haven't heard anything from them. Should I call and ask?

I e-submitted early in October, and it was mailed on 10/24.
I would wait for the application to be verified by PharmCAS first before calling.

Got an interview invite today that I declined. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still havent submitted my app. Waiting for my transcripts from howard UG

Also I heard they received a $100mil grant and appointed a new Dean of COP

Big things for Howard!!

Hello! First of all, congrats to all who were accepted and best of luck for those who are awaiting a decision and are in the process of applying. :)

There is a new dean, and he is super awesome! I believe he was appointed 2 years ago. It doesn't hurt that we also have a 100% passing rate on NAPLEX from the class of 2012! So there are big things ahead and HU COP is definitely going in the right direction.

I just got a phone call first an invitation to go for an interview. does anyone know how their interview process is? has anyone heard any good or bad reviews about the school? I've already been accepted to Shenandoah in VA already and I am debating if I should spend money to fly out there again since I am from cali. I think tuition is the same so im curious about the quality of the education and if the professors and teachers are there for the students. Any insight will help

I've only been here for a bit but so far, the quality of education is pretty good! Most professors are helpful and willing to spend time outside of the classroom to explain things to you. Some even have an open door policy (the dean has this policy). If they can't, you can e-mail them and most will answer back. Of course, like any other schools, there are a few "interesting" professors. Be prepared to take loong classes though (longest is a 5 hour class/week). But ask around some more 'cause I don't want you to waste money.

I have an interview scheduled for 2/16/13. What should I be expecting. Any bit of information is important. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are yet.

Any hint for those yet to be interviewed? Also which hotel is closest to HU? Tnx

Scheduled an interview in March

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

My interview is in a couple of weeks and would like to know what topics (format) are covered on the HU interview math test. Thanks guys

Interviewing on the 16 also, what time is yours?

My interview is in a couple of weeks and would like to know what topics (format) are covered on the HU interview math test. Thanks guys

I remember some basic algebra, arithmetic, pre-calc stuff. I know there was no calculator allowed.

Basic arithmetic and lots more pharmacy math calculations than anything: v/v%, w/v%, dosage, concentration. I had one or two calculus problems and they were basic derivatives or integrals.

"I have an interview scheduled for 2/16/13. What should I be expecting. Any bit of information is important. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are yet."

There was about 40 of us for my appointment on Jan 12th. So we had a basic "Hello" and introduction from the Dean, Dr. Wutoh...he is an awesome guy. He showed us around then they had us sit to take the math exam...they gave us about 20 to 40 minutes. We were then divided up into groups with about six people in each group. One of us from each group went into a little conference room for our interviews. There was a faculty member and a student. They try to make it less intimidating but it's not the most comfortable atmosphere. Almost all my questions were directly off SDN but they really like follow-up questions and my faculty interviewer tried to lead me astray with some of my answers...he kind-of succeeded but I feel like I made a good recovery. Don't get flustered...some of them want to get a rise out of you or confuse you.

I'm hoping they fix the stupid parking problems we had by the time you get there. There was basically only meter parking and a quarter buys you 7 minutes and you are there for 4ish hours if you do the full tour...it's expensive. We asked to have a spot in a school parking lot and the Dean gave us passes for the day.

Hope this helps.

"I have an interview scheduled for 2/16/13. What should I be expecting. Any bit of information is important. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are yet."

There was about 40 of us for my appointment on Jan 12th. So we had a basic "Hello" and introduction from the Dean, Dr. Wutoh...he is an awesome guy. He showed us around then they had us sit to take the math exam...they gave us about 20 to 40 minutes. We were then divided up into groups with about six people in each group. One of us from each group went into a little conference room for our interviews. There was a faculty member and a student. They try to make it less intimidating but it's not the most comfortable atmosphere. Almost all my questions were directly off SDN but they really like follow-up questions and my faculty interviewer tried to lead me astray with some of my answers...he kind-of succeeded but I feel like I made a good recovery. Don't get flustered...some of them want to get a rise out of you or confuse you.

I'm hoping they fix the stupid parking problems we had by the time you get there. There was basically only meter parking and a quarter buys you 7 minutes and you are there for 4ish hours if you do the full tour...it's expensive. We asked to have a spot in a school parking lot and the Dean gave us passes for the day.

Hope this helps.

I was there that day, did you hear anything yet?

I was there that day too! Haven't heard anything yet...received a phone call from Dean Wutoh the Monday after the interview for a survey...I thought it was some marketing phone call at first =_= must be careful about unknown numbers...

Nope, nothing yet. Silly because I interviewed at Shenandoah this past Monday and got a decision on Wednesday via email. Now that school has got their stuff in order!

Just invited for an interview. I am very excited. Seems I get to choose between mid-February and March.

Last edited:
I was there that day too! Haven't heard anything yet...received a phone call from Dean Wutoh the Monday after the interview for a survey...I thought it was some marketing phone call at first =_= must be careful about unknown numbers...

Yeah I got that call too...for me it was almost like a brief follow up interview. I'm not sure how to take that...

See you guys on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how do you guys feel about the school and the program?

Accepted! Proof that having low grades isn't the end of the world!

GPA 2.89
Sci GPA 2.4
PCAT 76th Overall
Bio 88th
Chem 27th
Math 33rd
Reading Comp 93rd
Verbal Ability 94th

Works two jobs: one retail pharmacy, one hospital pharmacy.

Congrats Chicklet.
Hard work and perseverance pays off.

Swyped from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Accepted! Proof that having low grades isn't the end of the world!

GPA 2.89
Sci GPA 2.4
PCAT 76th Overall
Bio 88th
Chem 27th
Math 33rd
Reading Comp 93rd
Verbal Ability 94th

Works two jobs: one retail pharmacy, one hospital pharmacy.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Thanks!! And best of luck for anyone still waiting to hear. :)

i got an interview invite 2 weeks ago. my interview is on 2/16. does anyone have an idea on how the interview goes and how t tackle some questions?

There's a link at the top of the page titled reference materials. Hover over that and select interview feedback. I think people may have already posted help there.

is there a page you can join yet to meet other classmates? :cool:

i got an interview invite 2 weeks ago. my interview is on 2/16. does anyone have an idea on how the interview goes and how t tackle some questions?

Hey all,

For those interviewing on the 16th (like myself) and on March 23rd, here is a page I found on Howard's Interview process. Seems pretty straightforward.

The math quiz is basic conversions and calc stuff.

Good luck!!

Any hotel near a metro stop will get you to Howard in less than 10 mins. In DC that is. For cheaper options you might want to check Greenbelt, MD, Hyattsvile, MD, Silver Spring, MD, Bethesda, MD .. etc

i stayed at comfort inn in silver springs, MD. its on the same road as howard university just 15 minutes south, traffic isnt horrible either well i came from the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro so everything seems better. if you know anyone that works for a Choice Hotel (such as Comfort, Quality, Sleep, etc) ask them for an employee discount voucher than can be sent to your email. Rates are usually 35 bucks plus tax anywhere in the nation unless its like downtown. This saved me a lot on all my interviews and sometimes i got to stay an extra night for the cost of one regular night. :cool:

Howard was 15 minutes south, the hotel was 15 minutes north of howard is what i meant sorry

didnt put my deposit in so someone else might get in good luck!

deposit dealine for howard was feb 15 and i dont plan on over nighting

howard is a great school though! just wasnt a right fit for my professional degree setting

-------------------------------------------------------------
LECOM BRADENTON CLASS OF 2017 :cool: