You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Howard University C/O 2017: Fall 2013
Started by yungnaira
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am
For those who were accepted, how long did it take after the interview to hear something back.
I interviewed on 1/12 and got a letter in the mail on 2/1.
Hi all!
I'm still waiting to hear from Howard. I just wrote Mr. Prince an e-mail to let him know my Pharmcas Academic Updates shows the last pre-requisite class I completed in the Fall.
Until when does Howard offer interviews. We're approaching March in about a week, so I'm starting to get nervous.
I just had my interview with University of Hawaii. I thought it went ok. I was definitely nervous and probably took this interview too seriously. Oh well, we'll see. At least now I know what to expect for future interviews (crossing fingers).
How long did it take from the date you submitted your application to the date you were offered an interview?
Thanks!
I'm still waiting to hear from Howard. I just wrote Mr. Prince an e-mail to let him know my Pharmcas Academic Updates shows the last pre-requisite class I completed in the Fall.
Until when does Howard offer interviews. We're approaching March in about a week, so I'm starting to get nervous.
I just had my interview with University of Hawaii. I thought it went ok. I was definitely nervous and probably took this interview too seriously. Oh well, we'll see. At least now I know what to expect for future interviews (crossing fingers).
How long did it take from the date you submitted your application to the date you were offered an interview?
Thanks!
Hi all!
I'm still waiting to hear from Howard. I just wrote Mr. Prince an e-mail to let him know my Pharmcas Academic Updates shows the last pre-requisite class I completed in the Fall.
Until when does Howard offer interviews. We're approaching March in about a week, so I'm starting to get nervous.
I just had my interview with University of Hawaii. I thought it went ok. I was definitely nervous and probably took this interview too seriously. Oh well, we'll see. At least now I know what to expect for future interviews (crossing fingers).
How long did it take from the date you submitted your application to the date you were offered an interview?
Thanks!
The next interview is on the 23rd of march. I'm not sure if there is another after that. I e-submitted my application to HU on 10/18/2012 and got an interview email on 01/18/2013. I interviewed this past weekend(2/16/2013). Good luck
The next interview is on the 23rd of march. I'm not sure if there is another after that. I e-submitted my application to HU on 10/18/2012 and got an interview email on 01/18/2013. I interviewed this past weekend(2/16/2013). Good luck
Thanks for the info. How did your interview go? How was the Math test? Hope everything works out for you! 🙂
Any1 knows of the best place to live as a 1st yr pharmacy students?? Thanks
hello, there are alot of apartments surrounding the school....the only problem is they are in the GHETTO!!...However if you dont mind commuting then there are some great apartments in Silver Spring MD, which is somewhat close to the school. There is downtown DC,...but those apartments are a bit on the expensive side. So i would recommend apartments in the Fort Totten area, Brookland area...but closer to Catholic University. The school also has a couple of apartments behind it....but there are certain areas on North Capitol St that i kinda advise you to avoid. Avoid the Brentwood/Edgewood area. ..... Not tryna scare you jsut giving you the heads up...i mean afterall every place has its good and bad areas. ....ayaways, anymore questions...holla back...congrats and good luck!🙂
hello, there are alot of apartments surrounding the school....the only problem is they are in the GHETTO!!...However if you dont mind commuting then there are some great apartments in Silver Spring MD, which is somewhat close to the school. There is downtown DC,...but those apartments are a bit on the expensive side. So i would recommend apartments in the Fort Totten area, Brookland area...but closer to Catholic University. The school also has a couple of apartments behind it....but there are certain areas on North Capitol St that i kinda advise you to avoid. Avoid the Brentwood/Edgewood area. ..... Not tryna scare you jsut giving you the heads up...i mean afterall every place has its good and bad areas. ....ayaways, anymore questions...holla back...congrats and good luck!🙂
thanks a lot. really helpful
Previous post was spot on. Avoid all apartments near the Howard Area. Sketchy is an understatement. The way a majority of professional students do it is to rent out a house, or a room in a house. The house near campus 5th thru 3rd st are good. A lot of Howard students stay over there. One apartment complex I would recommend is the UTC in Hyattsville, MD. Its a complex for students from various schools (majority Howard) and they have a shuttle that takes you to campus. Metro is nearby and its a 15 min drive to campus.
Craigslist is also a good place to start looking. Some areas in hyattsville are sketch, shoot most of PG county is sketch. College Park/Greenbelt/Laruel are ok.
If you are rich Silver Spring and Montgomery County in general are good areas.
Rule of thumb, the further you are from the city the better.
I also have a house I'm renting out to Howard Students, if anyone here is interested let me know. Its in Greenbelt, MD.
Craigslist is also a good place to start looking. Some areas in hyattsville are sketch, shoot most of PG county is sketch. College Park/Greenbelt/Laruel are ok.
If you are rich Silver Spring and Montgomery County in general are good areas.
Rule of thumb, the further you are from the city the better.
I also have a house I'm renting out to Howard Students, if anyone here is interested let me know. Its in Greenbelt, MD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I"M IN..Interview on 2/16/13 and just got an acceptance email... Yaaay
Congratulations!
I"M IN..Interview on 2/16/13 and just got an acceptance email... Yaaay
Grats.
Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.
You know where Fort Meade is?Any one in here from south florida? Or florida in general?
You know where Fort Meade is?
Yea around central FL? Cool cool im down in miami
Yeah I'm about 950 miles north of there in the part of Florida that's probably more so Maryland...I'm just messing with ya. Good luck on the interview thoughYea around central FL? Cool cool im down in miami

Yeah I'm about 950 miles north of there in the part of Florida that's probably more so Maryland...I'm just messing with ya. Good luck on the interview though![]()
Yea i got family there i know what the central florida scene is like lol... And Thanks!!
I love all the Floridians. 🙂
Lol thanks 🙂 haha i was looking for atleast one latin person to be friends with!! Just in case i do leave i can have a roommate that reminds me of home lol
Lol thanks 🙂 haha i was looking for atleast one latin person to be friends with!! Just in case i do leave i can have a roommate that reminds me of home lol
Haha, right? I am from Tampa. I wouldn't know what to do with snow.
Haha, right? I am from Tampa. I wouldn't know what to do with snow.
Well tampa is heavy on the latin side! And i know thats gonna take some getting used to!
I was seriously just kidding. I'm not from Florida at all. Sorry, I have an odd sense of humor at times.Yea i got family there i know what the central florida scene is like lol... And Thanks!!
I was seriously just kidding. I'm not from Florida at all. Sorry, I have an odd sense of humor at times.
Lol well then were are you really from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh that 950 miles north part was true, I'm from MD. And don't worry about snow, it's not as frequent you would think.Lol well then were are you really from?
Oh that 950 miles north part was true, I'm from MD. And don't worry about snow, it's not as frequent you would think.
Ohh that makes sense! You live close to the school?
😀 Pretty close. So luckily housing is a non issue here!Ohh that makes sense! You live close to the school?
I'm from south Florida. Got a call yesterday , interviewing on the 23rd. Good luck.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm from south Florida. Got a call yesterday , interviewing on the 23rd. Good luck.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Woohoo! Can't wait to meet you.
Is anyone attending Howard in the fall?
Is anyone attending Howard in the fall?
i am. check out the class of 2017 Facebook page
i am. check out the class of 2017 Facebook page
I liked it
I liked it
U must be Chi. I was there with you for the interview. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall.
Sam
Looking forward to seeing you there as wellU must be Chi. I was there with you for the interview. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall.
Sam
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is required and part of our tuition so financial aid and that stuff is going to be a part of it
So this Laptop fee ummm, do WE HAVE TO PAY IT!!! Im broke as #&*@ !!!!!!!!!!!
The Dean said it is going to be optional,as long as you have a laptop with the right specifications.
I got an interview invitation for 3/23! I'm excited! I read somewhere that SDN has sample interview questions for specific schools. Where can one find these? Is there a link somewhere for Howard interviews?
Thanks!
Thanks!
I got an interview invitation for 3/23! I'm excited! I read somewhere that SDN has sample interview questions for specific schools. Where can one find these? Is there a link somewhere for Howard interviews?
Thanks!
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/howard-pharm/survey/26
Look through the surveys for interview questions.
I got an interview invitation for 3/23! I'm excited! I read somewhere that SDN has sample interview questions for specific schools. Where can one find these? Is there a link somewhere for Howard interviews?
Thanks!
Congrats! I also received an interview invite today 😀 (I just sent you a pm also.)
Does anyone know what interview dates are available besides March 23rd? I'd like to know before I call Marlon so I do not have to decide on the spot.
Thanks and Good Luck to everyone! 👍
EDIT: I contacted Marlon and there is another interview date on April 13th so I rescheduled for that date.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
