Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

KOM said:
Is Howard University primarily an African American school? And if that's the case, do white people ever apply there? How does this work anyways...aren't schools required to not accept or reject people based on their race? With all the competition out there I have a hard time understanding why this school's stats are significantly lower than almost all other schools.
Howard University is a historically african american school. It is mostly african american because of its history but other races do attend (like Notre Dame, which is predominantly Catholic but I'm sure non-catholics do attend). The main purpose of this school is to produce dentists who wish to serve the underserved community (but not profit very much personally ). Of course this is just the ideal of the school. As for the stats, I feel that they are lower because they want people who are more interested in serving the community then specializing or being profitable. If you are interested in serving the underserved then that is something that should come across in your personal statement and interview.