You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Howd you guys feel about the 2015 apmle1
Started by lifeisg00d
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There was a structure on mine that even google can't find.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if anyone recognized this, but on my prometrics account, I was able to to see the UNOFFICIAL test ressult. I know that everything is unofficial until our schools gives us our result, but anyone know the reliability of this unofficial test result?
And I felt terrible walking out as well. I couldn't even remember any of the questions after I took the exam. Hope we all passed.
And I felt terrible walking out as well. I couldn't even remember any of the questions after I took the exam. Hope we all passed.
also that test was either an easy question or I was like wtf... im feeling about the same percentage wisecan anyone confirm the "unofficial" results have any kind of accuracy? mine says passed... does anyone have something else?
Last edited:
Everyone I have asked so far says theirs says passed... hopefully accurate?I don't know if anyone recognized this, but on my prometrics account, I was able to to see the UNOFFICIAL test ressult. I know that everything is unofficial until our schools gives us our result, but anyone know the reliability of this unofficial test result?
And I felt terrible walking out as well. I couldn't even remember any of the questions after I took the exam. Hope we all passed.
I would ignore the results.
There was a structure on mine that even google can't find.
Same here. I want to track down my lower professors and ask them if they know haha
Last year's exam contained a reference to a lower limb structure (some minor facet) that DMU doesn't teach. I spoke to our anatomy professor about it - it wasn't listed in any of his textbooks. I eventually found it in an orthopedic surgery book where they described it as previously believed to have a purpose, but now known to be without any function.
I had the exact same question asked 3 times. It came up 2 times in a row and then again 3-4 questions later. I wasn't 100% on the answer but I stuck to my guns and kept the same answer every time, so hopefully I get that one right haha
I know a couple of people that unofficially failed. I would ignore the unofficial scores. A pass could be a pass and a fail could be a fail. It depends on what questions they throw out.can anyone confirm the "unofficial" results have any kind of accuracy? mine says passed... does anyone have something else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I know a couple of people that unofficially failed. I would ignore the unofficial scores. A pass could be a pass and a fail could be a fail. It depends on what questions they throw out.
That's not exactly how it works, there is a pre-determined passing score prior to administration of the test. It's not graded on a curve and in theory 100% of people can pass or fail. The questions that are used as a part of your pass/fail score have already been validated and they don't really "throw out" those questions. That being said, good luck everyone.
The question is how will we truly know until there is more transparency in Podiatry.
Well it is public knowledge, I just can't adequately explain the Angoff method. Feel free to google though. Also have no desire to go through this flowchart http://www.apmle.com/sites/default/files/nbpmetdflowchart_0.pdf also not some big secret...
Well I guess we all have to wait until tomorrow to see our board results. Thanks Prometric!
Well I guess we all have to wait until tomorrow to see our board results. Thanks Prometric!
I'm guessing this isn't Prometric's fault. What a year for part 1; can I have my money back please?
This is the transparency I was talking about. Can we not communicate better in this field? The APMLE has not commented on the "unofficial" scores that were released a day after the exam. They choose to not inform us that scores will not be released the day that they say they will. Multiple spelling errors on a boards exam. How unprofessional can this get at this level in schooling. $900 for this is just a joke! Can we request a refund?
So the results are "official; a couple unanswered questions remain:
Did anyone who saw a PASS the day after the test ultimately get a FAIL?
Did anyone who saw a FAIL the day after the test ultimately get a PASS?
After talking to some of my classmates, the answer is yes to both questions.
It's a bittersweet day knowing you passed but hearing friends didn't.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the pass rates for their schools yet?
Early unofficial word from KSUCPM is that 24 kids have failed. That would leave 87/111 as passing with a first time pass rate of 78% for the class of 2017. Not ideal.
Word has it that AZPod had 100% pass rate.
True story.
Any word from the east coast programs?
So
AZPOD = 0
Barry = ?
western = ?
Samuel Merritt = ?
NY = ?
Temple= ?
Kent St = 24
School = ?
DMU = ?
Pass rate 84.6%
If 585 students took exam, 90 failed.
I heard 67/84 from TUSPM passed.
18/84 failed at TUSPM so far
Yeah chatter at TUSPM that for 17... No dice. 21% failure rate at TUSPM, not too good.
Hope everyone did alright
For AZPOD good for them, I would hope though only 30 it should not be too big of a deal to get to 100%
Not to be rude, but what does class size have to do with it "not being a big deal" to get 100%?
The point of boards is to provide an equal ground for all schools, is it not?
A 100% is a 100% and is what every school should hope to have regardless of class size.
If those 30 students got a 100% pass rate, then they worked hard to get it and absolutely deserve it.
Last edited:
From AzPod here. 100 percent is legit from our dean.
Not to be rude, but what does class size have to do with it "not being a big deal" to get 100%?
The point of boards is to provide an equal ground for all schools, is it not?
A 100% is a 100% and is what every school should hope to have regardless of class size.
If those 30 students got a 100% pass rate, then they worked hard to get it and absolutely deserve it.
Because there is a limited number of qualified applicants seeking entrance into Podiatry school every year. Any school who takes 80+ students every year is bound to have lower part I pass rates (this has never been untrue historically). Saying this is "a rough year for KSCPM" isn't true at all, they wind up with a first time pass rate for part I in the 70's% regularly. This is their norm and always will be until they tighten up admission standards. The larger schools take a handful of kids every year that are destined to fail classes/boards/rotations simply so they can fill seats. AZPOD and DMU would not have near 100% pass rates every year if they too, irresponsibly, took 100 students.
So yeah, good for AZPOD, but it isn't a big deal. Every school in the country had 30 students who passed boards. When I was at DMU it wasn't a big deal when all 50+ of us passed boards first time around either...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.Not to be rude, but what does class size have to do with it "not being a big deal" to get 100%?
The point of boards is to provide an equal ground for all schools, is it not?
A 100% is a 100% and is what every school should hope to have regardless of class size.
If those 30 students got a 100% pass rate, then they worked hard to get it and absolutely deserve it.
The more people you send to take the boards part one you are naturally going to have more fails pop up, sort of a law of large numbers argument. With other schools sending roughly 3x the candidates taking the boards, you should expect 3x the candidates, if not more as schools with 100+ students will take more people less likely to be successful in the program in order to fill those seats.
I congratulate you and your colleagues at AZPOD for getting boards in one shot, I just do not think passing like that is really that big of a deal given the small class size
BTW I have heard several schools do something that you have to pass a "pretest" so to be speak before they allow you to actually sign up for boards. At TUSPM we are given 2 practice board exams, but your results do not matter at all. Do other schools do this where you have to show a minimum performance before they let you register.
azpod has nothing you describe. that being said, I hope that whose who didn't pass are able to get through it in October or whenever it is.
Last edited:
How many kids did Barry and NYCPM screen out of taking boards this year?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K