How's your COOKING situation day to day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll admit that books were probably cheaper in my day. I still have a couple of price tags on my books. I paid $29.00 for Robbins Textbook of Pathology in 1971 and $39.00 for Cecil and Loeb Textbook of Medicine in 1972. We thought that was pretty steep at the time. What do these textbooks cost nowadays? I do know that when you guys eventually sit for your specialy boards you'll be paying a lot more for the privilege of getting reamed than we did.

Members don't see this ad.

You forgot to divide by 2. Comes out to only $1050/month apiece. My office rent comes out to $30K/year.

I'll admit that books were probably cheaper in my day. I still have a couple of price tags on my books. I paid $29.00 for Robbins Textbook of Pathology in 1971 and $39.00 for Cecil and Loeb Textbook of Medicine in 1972. We thought that was pretty steep at the time. What do these textbooks cost nowadays? I do know that when you guys eventually sit for your specialy boards you'll be paying a lot more for the privilege of getting reamed than we did.
The nice thing about now is that we have powerpoints to study from, so most people here don't even buy the books for class. The internet makes trade in used books and old editions easier too.

The latest Robbins edition (8th) is $92 new on Amazon (list price is $122). You can get one edition earlier used for $20.

Cut up a few chicken breasts into cubes, pan fry them with a little bit of olive oil, and place them in tupperware and freeze them for use in the rest of the week. I usually mix some of the chicken cubes with rice or salad. If I am really busy, I usually slap some of these in between two slices of toast.

They also sell those roasted chickens at Krogers/Costco/etc. and they're pretty cheap. You can take one home and use the chicken all week, like in quesadillas, sandwiches, etc.