how's your school proctoring exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cptsam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering this since a lot of us are going to be or are already online for the fall semester!

Heard ExamMonitor might be used, or possible proctored zoom seshes

Members don't see this ad.

Our comats will be self-proctored at home with no monitoring at all. During pre-clinicals our exams were at least remotely proctored through our webcam, so I’m not sure why a higher stakes exam like our comats are just gonna be self-proctored. Scores will be at an all time high this year

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
My school has us log into Zoom with our cell phones and set the phone up so that they can see our face, hands, and desk. Someone watches us for the duration of the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Our comats will be self-proctored at home with no monitoring at all. During pre-clinicals our exams were at least remotely proctored through our webcam, so I’m not sure why a higher stakes exam like our comats are just gonna be self-proctored. Scores will be at an all time high this year

Are they higher stakes? My impression of 3rd year is that administration basically forgot we existed...which I was absolutely fine with! lol

After the first 3 comats I ended up off schedule and just taking them at home because the proctor didn’t want to come in for just me. Honestly they’re not the most cheatable exam because the time restraint and they’re specific scenarios.

My school has us log into Zoom with our cell phones and set the phone up so that they can see our face, hands, and desk. Someone watches us for the duration of the exam.
do y'all still get bathroom breaks then?

we use monitorEDU. You use your cell phone and let them look at your computer monitor through your cell phone's camera for the entire session

We’re doing all exams from home via examplify and ExamMonitor AI monitoring. I haven’t had it flag me yet, even while muttering to myself over poorly written questions.

The best part is there is a 12 hour window to take the exam. No more 8 am stress fests. I think this has improved my performance overall.

Reactions: 3 users

Same exact thing for me.

I was just wondering this since a lot of us are going to be or are already online for the fall semester!

Heard ExamMonitor might be used, or possible proctored zoom seshes
They are only using proctologists to proctor our exams

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What if it dies tho
I plugged mine all the time. Some proctors told me to plug it, others didn't say anything and I had to tell them I'm gonna plug it in.
But monitorEDU makes you go onto a specific chat link on your laptop, and have you leave that chat on for the entire session in case things like this happen

Our school is having the entire class come on campus to take exams in person. Lol. Same for OPP

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
You guys are lucky. We have mandatory in person classes 5 days a week still.

In person exams until thanksgiving, then proctored through Examplify.

Y'all need to hush and not give my school any ideas (unmonitored p/f testing basically)

They're not being proctored at my school. I can barely believe it. They're P/F as a result and there's no class ranking, I think because students are afraid of other students cheating.

COMATs are either being remotely proctored or they're relying on the honor code.