HPSP and Military Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowcrawler85

DO Class of 2023
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been considering HPSP-Navy, but am confused about the military match. There are hundreds of DO/MD HPSP scholarships every year. Does anyone know how many people enter the military match yearly? What is the process if I don’t match, do I do a civilian internship year or transition year then do match again? I know I can do GMO tour then try again or GMO for 4 years and then do civilian residencies, but I feel like I’m confused about the process.

Can anyone provide more clarity on the options after I graduate? I will most likely go DO and leaning toward IM.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been considering HPSP-Navy, but am confused about the military match. There are hundreds of DO/MD HPSP scholarships every year. Does anyone know how many people enter the military match yearly? What is the process if I don’t match, do I do a civilian internship year or transition year then do match again? I know I can do GMO tour then try again or GMO for 4 years and then do civilian residencies, but I feel like I’m confused about the process.

Can anyone provide more clarity on the options after I graduate? I will most likely go DO and leaning toward IM.

Join the Military HPSP Students and Physicians Group. Lots of physicians willing to talk to you :)

Reactions: 1 user