HPSP and Military Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snowcrawler85

DO Class of 2023
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been considering HPSP-Navy, but am confused about the military match. There are hundreds of DO/MD HPSP scholarships every year. Does anyone know how many people enter the military match yearly? What is the process if I don’t match, do I do a civilian internship year or transition year then do match again? I know I can do GMO tour then try again or GMO for 4 years and then do civilian residencies, but I feel like I’m confused about the process.

Can anyone provide more clarity on the options after I graduate? I will most likely go DO and leaning toward IM.
 
I have been considering HPSP-Navy, but am confused about the military match. There are hundreds of DO/MD HPSP scholarships every year. Does anyone know how many people enter the military match yearly? What is the process if I don’t match, do I do a civilian internship year or transition year then do match again? I know I can do GMO tour then try again or GMO for 4 years and then do civilian residencies, but I feel like I’m confused about the process.

Can anyone provide more clarity on the options after I graduate? I will most likely go DO and leaning toward IM.

Join the Military HPSP Students and Physicians Group. Lots of physicians willing to talk to you 🙂