Army HPSP -- anyone hear back after getting boarded for October?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frugopl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious as to whether anyone has heard back about HPSP who got boarded in October. Last I checked, the gov't shutdown pushed back the board meeting from the 16th to either the 21st or 23rd (one of those, forget which one). Add the 3 day board time, then the 7-10 business day notification period, it would seem that today (Friday) is the time when people should know about their results. Just want to know whether I should start harassing my recruiter about the decision :D

PS. This is strictly for the Army, other branches may have different dates.

Members don't see this ad.

To answer my own question, it looks like the admin is quite backed up following the furlough. Best case scenario, we will start hearing back by Thanksgiving.

Another update -- turns out that none of the 3 year Army HPSP's have been boarded yet. The hope is that they'll get boarded for Dec. This is coming from my recruiter, so it would be nice if some of you senior folks could confirm that.

Anyone know who to contact to assure that the app does indeed get boarded and doesn't fall through the cracks? My app has been there since late Sept and I'd hate to have it get lost in a sea of bureaucracy.