HPSP or ASR with history of herniated disk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTB2MD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Is is possible to get a waiver for Herniated disks? I've been living with one in my lower back for over a decade and it doesn't stop me from bodybuilding or really anything. I also have a herniated disk in my neck from a car accident about a year ago. I'm pretty much recovered from it and back to working out hard with heavy weights. From what I've read on here it seems like one has to be in perfect health here to get the HPSP. My herniated disks don't stop me from running 4-5 miles today or lifting hundreds of pounds working out. What is the risk of them granting me a waiver for HPSP? With the waiver I assume they will not be held responsible for prior medical conditions. Is being an military doc that demanding physically that we have to be in perfect health?

Thanks,

Ken

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

Is is possible to get a waiver for Herniated disks? I've been living with one in my lower back for over a decade and it doesn't stop me from bodybuilding or really anything. I also have a herniated disk in my neck from a car accident about a year ago. I'm pretty much recovered from it and back to working out hard with heavy weights. From what I've read on here it seems like one has to be in perfect health here to get the HPSP. My herniated disks don't stop me from running 4-5 miles today or lifting hundreds of pounds working out. What is the risk of them granting me a waiver for HPSP? With the waiver I assume they will not be held responsible for prior medical conditions. Is being an military doc that demanding physically that we have to be in perfect health?

Thanks,

Ken

If you can exercise that much, you would be a good candidate for a waiver.

Thanks NavyFP for your reply. Is a physical fitness test done prior to one receiving a medical waiver? I'm curious what the parameters are to a waiver being granted.

Thanks,

Ken