Navy HPSP - Signing Accession Bonus Papers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

growingpains416

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the process of applying for HPSP and have a question about signing the accession bonus papers. My problem is that I am aiming to get into the 3 year program at UOP and don't want to sign the papers to extend my payback to 4 years over $20k. But at the same time, if I do not get accepted to any 3 year programs, I would want to take the bonus since I am paying back 4 years anyway. I asked my recruiter about this and she said that I can sign the papers then deny the bonus if I end up getting accepted to a 3 year program. Is this true or am I fully committed to a 4 year program if the signed accession bonus paper are sent to the boards?
 
Last edited:
Things may have changed but I went to UOP and didn’t sign the bonus paperwork. I ended up staying in longer than 3 years anyway but one never knows the future.