HPSP $20k sign on Bonus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Puddin09'

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings,

I am applying for Army and Navy HPSP and wondering whether accepting the 20k bonus for Army will bind me to the Army program even if I get accepted to the Navy after. Should I reject the 20k army bonus in hopes that I get into Navy HPSP? Or can I sign for the Army bonus and go Navy if I get accepted there as well? I haven't received a 20k bonus document for the Navy HPSP yet, although I am expecting this to come as well.
 
Calling it a "signing bonus" is inaccurate. Sure that's the reason you get the bonus, but it doesn't show up until months after you've started school. Accepted the bonus in either case, there are no repercussions with the 4-year scholarship.