HPSP timeline question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andy1220

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I applied for the Airforce HPSP and was offered the scholarship prior to having my background check completed and some other items. It has been about three weeks since I signed a form confirming my intent to accept the scholarship and have not received any word from my recruiter and have been unable to get in contact with him. In my last correspondence with him he told me that my signature pages have been sent up and that we were just waiting for the scroll approval before I can be commissioned.

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

So I applied for the Airforce HPSP and was offered the scholarship prior to having my background check completed and some other items. It has been about three weeks since I signed a form confirming my intent to accept the scholarship and have not received any word from my recruiter and have been unable to get in contact with him. In my last correspondence with him he told me that my signature pages have been sent up and that we were just waiting for the scroll approval before I can be commissioned.

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

Background check takes a while. Chill out!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reassurance haha. But almost a month? I'd be able to relax a bit if my recruiter would respond. He was always super prompt until we got to this point. Now he won't answer emails, texts or voicemails...

And worst case scenario I do not get the scholarship I need to start filing for regular financial aid. I do not see that happening, I mean I do not have any skeletons in my closet haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reassurance haha. But almost a month? I'd be able to relax a bit if my recruiter would respond. He was always super prompt until we got to this point. Now he won't answer emails, texts or voicemails...

And worst case scenario I do not get the scholarship I need to start filing for regular financial aid. I do not see that happening, I mean I do not have any skeletons in my closet haha.

You'll be fine. I'm army HPSP and I was selected for the scholarship in April and haven't heard from my recruiter about my scroll or paperwork since.

Reactions: 1 user
Scroll takes at least a month and for many multiple months. If you know you were selected than no worries!

My background check took 6 weeks. I will be commissioned into Air Force next Wednesday.

The scrolls (ESPECIALLY Air Force) are taking an extraordinarily long time this year. I would guess that it is the scroll and not the background check that is slowing things up.