This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WORKHARDPLAYHARD111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! Has anyone gotten an admission decision for High Point U yet??? *Impatiently waiting*

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet. They said expect an update 3-4 weeks from your interview.

@charlotter @WORKHARDPLAYHARD111 hey guys, I'm currently applying to HPU right now, just waiting to take my GRE for the second time this Friday. Do you guys mind sharing your stats and what the interview process was like? Thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh awesome, thank you.

By any chance, do you know if a pre-requisite class was retaken, if HPU uses the highest grade earned when calculating the students pre-requisite GPA or if it is averaged?

I haven't been able to find that information anywhere, sorry. Maybe you could give their office a call?

Oh awesome, thank you.

By any chance, do you know if a pre-requisite class was retaken, if HPU uses the highest grade earned when calculating the students pre-requisite GPA or if it is averaged?
Yeah I'd say give them a call or email. They were so nice at my interview.
CUM GPA- 3.45
Pre-Req 3.1
GRE V-151 Q-149 AW- 4.0
200 hours, working as a tech and admin support in an ortho office
-Been accepted at Southwest Baptist, wait listed at Lynchburg. Most likely not going to HPU... most expensive program I've seen in all my research

Yeah I'd say give them a call or email. They were so nice at my interview.
CUM GPA- 3.45
Pre-Req 3.1
GRE V-151 Q-149 AW- 4.0
200 hours, working as a tech and admin support in an ortho office
-Been accepted at Southwest Baptist, wait listed at Lynchburg. Most likely not going to HPU... most expensive program I've seen in all my research

I have two questions for you if you don't mind!
1. How formal were the two one-on-one interviews? I'm interviewing at HPU on October 27th and it'll be my first interview process so I'm pretty nervous!! Any info/advice would be incredible!
2. When did you submit your application and hear back from Lynchburg? They accepted my application on October 2 but I'm not sure when to be expecting to hear an answer! Thanks so much!

I have two questions for you if you don't mind!
1. How formal were the two one-on-one interviews? I'm interviewing at HPU on October 27th and it'll be my first interview process so I'm pretty nervous!! Any info/advice would be incredible!
2. When did you submit your application and hear back from Lynchburg? They accepted my application on October 2 but I'm not sure when to be expecting to hear an answer! Thanks so much!
1. Interview for HPU was SOOO informal. 2 one on ones and they didnt have my application and just asked like what do I do and tell them about myself and why do I wanna do PT and which setting I want to go into. Easy easy don't be nervous at all but get there early AND have a lot of questions prepared for both the interviewer and tour. Like research the school
2. I submitted my application to LC 9/7/17 and got an email saying "Your application will remain under consideration for acceptance until a final decision can be reached." and that is all I've heard so far but I've seen on here that people have been getting acceptance phone calls so....
Anything else you're wondering about HPU?

1. Interview for HPU was SOOO informal. 2 one on ones and they didnt have my application and just asked like what do I do and tell them about myself and why do I wanna do PT and which setting I want to go into. Easy easy don't be nervous at all but get there early AND have a lot of questions prepared for both the interviewer and tour. Like research the school
2. I submitted my application to LC 9/7/17 and got an email saying "Your application will remain under consideration for acceptance until a final decision can be reached." and that is all I've heard so far but I've seen on here that people have been getting acceptance phone calls so....
Anything else you're wondering about HPU?
Did they talk about finances/scholarships at all? HPU is pretty expensive but from what I've heard there is a lot of money in the program so maybe the sticker price isn't actual price because of scholarships? Not sure if they talked about it / if you've heard anything to that effect!

Did they talk about finances/scholarships at all? HPU is pretty expensive but from what I've heard there is a lot of money in the program so maybe the sticker price isn't actual price because of scholarships? Not sure if they talked about it / if you've heard anything to that effect![/QUOTE
Did they talk about finances/scholarships at all? HPU is pretty expensive but from what I've heard there is a lot of money in the program so maybe the sticker price isn't actual price because of scholarships? Not sure if they talked about it / if you've heard anything to that effect!
Nope scholarships are very unlikely because it's private. Loans will be your life at HPU

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to HPU this morning!
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! How soon did you hear you were accepted after your interview? And did they give you a date where you had to tell them if you were accepting the spot or not? Thanks so much and congrats again!!

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! How soon did you hear you were accepted after your interview? And did they give you a date where you had to tell them if you were accepting the spot or not? Thanks so much and congrats again!!

I interviewed on September 29, was accepted on October 21, and I have until November 3 to deposit to reserve my spot. However, no school can require a deposit before January 15 - but their program could fill up before then, so you have to weigh whether or not you want to deposit immediately. I won't be submitting a deposit soon, considering it's $1k and I haven't heard from any other schools yet (other than interview offers).

I interviewed on September 29, was accepted on October 21, and I have until November 3 to deposit to reserve my spot. However, no school can require a deposit before January 15 - but their program could fill up before then, so you have to weigh whether or not you want to deposit immediately. I won't be submitting a deposit soon, considering it's $1k and I haven't heard from any other schools yet (other than interview offers).

And know, people really do deposit. I interviewed there last year on January 9th.... got to the interviews to find out only 2 spots remained in the class.

I interviewed on 10/27 and haven't heard anything yet

I interviewed on October 27th and just got accepted today!