hSDN Class of 2013

I'm No Superman

Crushin' scones
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I got held back a year... Anyways, I guess that means that I get to chill here now!

Just kidding

Members don't see this ad.

Lies. :p At least there is now a 2013 thread, it's like the soon-to-be-senior class around here is nonexistent haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I told you not to spend so much time flying around in your red suit. SLACKER.

I told you not to spend so much time flying around in your red suit. SLACKER.

If you could choose between not getting held back a year and the Iron Man suit, which would you choose?

Exactly.

I'm new around here but I'm class of 2013 so here goes

Hiii

I'm in the class of 2013 also!!! Any high school students here thinking about going into pharmacy? If so which college or university were you thinking about going to?

Sent from my iPod touch using SDN Mobile app

Hello everyone :D
This is my first post.
I'm going to be a senior in high school. I'm interested in becoming a research physician.

Although research does sound interesting, it probably won't work out for me because I'm that kid who dropped rocks for her science project.
I'm interested in improving my articulation, writing, and study skills, but I haven't really thought of a plan to make that happen.. :l

I find it interesting that Class of 2014 started before 2013, and when class of 2013 did get a thread, it was started by someone who isn't even in it! :laugh:

I'm in the class of 2013 also!!! Any high school students here thinking about going into pharmacy? If so which college or university were you thinking about going to?

Pharmacy is my back up if I dont get into med school! But I have always had a strange fascination with pharmacy! What schools are you looking at?

Pharmacy is my back up if I dont get into med school! But I have always had a strange fascination with pharmacy! What schools are you looking at?

Ok cool. I'm looking at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville, or University of Missouri Kansas City. Are you looking at any pharmacy schools?

Anyone here aspiring to be a doctor?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Class of 2013! Aspiring pharmacist here... where are all of the soon-to-be high school seniors?

Class of 2013! Aspiring pharmacist here... where are all of the soon-to-be high school seniors?

Same here! What pharmacy schools are you looking at?

MEE!!! Hoping to get into a BS/MD program so I don't have to face the new MCAT in 2015
That's a good idea; however, you should be careful since some still do require you to take the MCAT :)

Hello fellow rising seniors, it's nice to meet you guys!
I suppose this is a fitting place to post my first post... anyways since we all seem to be telling each other, I'm an aspiring psychiatrist. [Woo!]
Looking forward to getting to know my fellow classmates, and good luck to us... here come college applications...

Last edited:
Hello fellow rising seniors, it's nice to meet you guys!
I suppose this is a fitting place to post my first post... anyways since we all seem to be telling each other, I'm an aspiring psychiatrist. [Woo!]
Looking forward to getting to know my fellow classmates, and good luck to us... here come college applications...

Welcome! It's nice to know other Class of 2013 are still alive; I was getting lonely :D

Yeah, I'm going to be apply to several schools although they won't be super selective so no stress :) ; however, I am taking the SAT again and am trying to get a better scores for scholarship!

Thank you, thank you. It's nice to know we're not dead! :)

I'm applying to some smaller private schools I think... still not to sure which ones other than definitely Northeastern (although that isn't "small") and some UCs.

Ah yes, SATs... same, I don't know if I'll be taking them again, 2120 is pretty a-okay in my book at the moment. I still need my subject tests though... and my GPA is kind of ****ty...

But yeah, nice to meet ya!

I'm applying to some smaller private schools....

I am as well! However, they are very small and not very selective. However, I think that I would fit in at those colleges so I'm OK with that ;)

So what made you consider psychology?

Last edited:
S'all about finding the best environment for your success!

And, I don't know. Ever since I was a freshman I felt like I'd like to be a psychiatrist because it's basically medical psychology (as I'm sure you're aware, ha.) And taking AP Psychology only strengthened my love... so I mean we shall see!

I also absolutely hate the stigma mentally ill people suffer so I want to help get rid of that. I don't know, it's a bit cliche I guess.

Obviously my goals and passions may change over the years and I'm open to that, but for now, yeah, leaning for psyche.

Last edited:
S'all about finding the best environment for your success!

And, I don't know. Ever since I was a freshman I felt like I'd like to be a psychiatrist because it's basically medical psychology (as I'm sure you're aware, ha.) And taking AP Psychology only strengthened my love... so I mean we shall see!

I also absolutely hate the stigma mentally ill people suffer so I want to help get rid of that. I don't know, it's a bit cliche I guess.

Obviously my goals and passions may change over the years and I'm open to that, but for now, yeah, leaning for psyche.

That's great that you have a passion for psychology :)

On a side note, I wish more people from this year would post in this forum..... :(

Besides going into pharmacy I'm also thinking about becoming a PA or an NP. Anyone else thinking about becoming a PA or an NP?

I don't know if this should go here, but, since AP scores are coming around I thought I'd ask how you guys did...? Hopefully that isn't frowned upon.

It was my first time taking APs, but I'm positively pleased with my results!

AP Psychology - 5
AP English Language & Composition - 5
AP US History - 3 (That test was hard for me... and I suck at dates... history is my weakness in a sense.)

P.S. How dare the class of 2014 be more active than us!

Last edited:
^ Congrats on those scores! You should be proud :D

And yes, how dare they be more active then us class of 2013. I was going to go in and give them a piece of my mind, but then that just adds to their post counts :mad:

I don't know if this should go here, but, since AP scores are coming around I thought I'd ask how you guys did...? Hopefully that isn't frowned upon.

AP Psychology - 5
AP US History - 3 (That test was hard for me... and I suck at dates... history is my weakness in a sense.)

I only took one AP test this school year and that was AP US History and scored a 5.

AP Psychology - 5

Congrats on your scores!! I did pretty well for myself =)
Chem, USH, Physics C:Mech, Calc BC: 5
Stats: 4 (not sure how that happened lol)

Congrats on your scores!! I did pretty well for myself =)
Chem, USH, Physics C:Mech, Calc BC: 5
Stats: 4 (not sure how that happened lol)

Wow, congratulations to you those are some very nice scores in some difficult subjects! Way to go!

I only took one AP test this school year and that was AP US History and scored a 5.

Congrats! I'm always a tad bit envious of those that can retain History easily. Good job man!

Has anyone from class of 2013 did anything interesting recently?

Hey guys :) I'm new to SDN but I'm class of 2013! Technically graduating in December, but my transcript will still say 2013 so I guess that counts? :p

Hey guys :) I'm new to SDN but I'm class of 2013! Technically graduating in December, but my transcript will still say 2013 so I guess that counts? :p

Welcome to the 2013 Thread! :D And I see you are pre-vet. That's awesome. Good luck with your journey :)

Welcome to the 2013 Thread! :D And I see you are pre-vet. That's awesome. Good luck with your journey :)

Thanks! Yeah I don't think I could handle human medicine so well, but I have a deep passion for animals.

Thanks! Yeah I don't think I could handle human medicine so well, but I have a deep passion for animals.

Don't say that you couldn't handle human medicine like it's better or anything, that's subjective and it's good that you love animals and have that direction. I always thought vet med was super intimidating because you'd have to know more than one animal... :scared: Like the other guy said, good luck. :)

Oh no, I wasn't trying to say the human medicine was better or anything like that - it's just I would have a hard time doing it haha! I have this funny thing where if I see another person with some type of physical pain (like a surgical wound or broken foot, etc.) then I have some EXTREME sympathy pains... not so much with animals, there I just have sympathy lol!

Hey guys! I was wondering if we had a thread or not, but it looks like we do :)

I took 5 AP courses this past year;
Chem, US Gov, English Lang were all 4s. I got 5 on APUSH and MacEcon. I was happy with the results. :)

Currently in an EMT course, looking into possibly doing a paramedic course during senior year. Anybody interested in EM I highly recommend it. Lots of fun, and I feel like I can finally understand what the nurse says when I go and help with patients in the ER!

Hey guys! I was wondering if we had a thread or not, but it looks like we do :)

I took 5 AP courses this past year;
Chem, US Gov, English Lang were all 4s. I got 5 on APUSH and MacEcon. I was happy with the results. :)

Currently in an EMT course, looking into possibly doing a paramedic course during senior year. Anybody interested in EM I highly recommend it. Lots of fun, and I feel like I can finally understand what the nurse says when I go and help with patients in the ER!

Welcome to the thread!

Well I think that the EMT courses would be great; however, in my area, the school that offers it requires you to be 18.... :(

Finally we have our own thread! Anyone interested in a bs/md program? That's what I'm leaning towards now.

Finally we have our own thread! Anyone interested in a bs/md program? That's what I'm leaning towards now.

Yeah! Looking at a few, probably won't get in but I thought might as well try.

@Mereley and Ibuprofen, what are you guy's stats ad how many hours of volunteering and shadowing have you done? Do you have any research opportunities and which BS/MD programs are you really interested in?

I have a 4.5 GPA and 32 ACT. I have 50 hours of shadowing, 350 hospital volunteering hours, 400 of non-hospital volunteering. I am currently doing a research internship at a local hospital. I'm not really sure what I'm interested in atm.

@Mereley and Ibuprofen, what are you guy's stats ad how many hours of volunteering and shadowing have you done? Do you have any research opportunities and which BS/MD programs are you really interested in?

I have a 3.95uwGPA (4.3wGPA) and a 30 ACT. Hospital volunteering ~100 hours and non-hospital about the same. No shadowing opportunities locally. No research opportunities, however will shortly be volunteering with a local ambulance service. Looking at Case Western and U Cincinnati

I'm looking at bs/md's as well; I have a 3.64UW and a 4.26W. My ACT is 34. I have 250 hours of hospital volunteering, 200 hours of shadowing, 600 hours of research, and a publication (first author).

Thought I'd give my stats/EC's because I figured I might get asked anyway.

I'm looking at bs/md's as well; I have a 3.64UW and a 4.26W. My ACT is 34. I have 250 hours of hospital volunteering, 200 hours of shadowing, 600 hours of research, and a publication (first author).

Thought I'd give my stats/EC's because I figured I might get asked anyway.

No offense, but I hate you. How the hell did you get that many hours of shadowing and how did you get the opportunity to do research?

I emailed profs involved in research at my state university until one let me in his lab haha. And as for the shadowing, both of my parents are physicians... so, technically, I've been shadowing my whole life, haha. But for the 200 hours I listed, my dad knows a lot of primary care physicians, and he set me up with one of them (an internist). But even if my dad had not been able to hook me up, it's pretty straightforward: just email a few docs, and you'll find someone willing to take on a shadow.

Hi fellow 2013'ers! Arg, I still don't know what university I want to attend and what I want to major in. :scared: When people ask me, I'm just like "I don't know yet".

I just started on my personal statement for UC/common app, and I'm just like WTF. It's so hard to write about myself!

-waves- Class of 2013 here!

All of you guys who are shadowing are lucky! It is insanely hard to shadow an Optometrist, Opthalmologist or an E.R doctor (For obvious reasons though, my pediatrician offered if I could shadow him and I might just take him up on that)

I was also going to volunteer at a Psych ward but the waiting list is 2 years (for volunteering any wing at LIJ hospitals) and the volunteer manager at a further hospital lost all my info and deleted my app -.-

Hey laballsummer, how'd you manage that first author? That's quite impressive