HST Interview Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakashi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone who's interviewed with Harvard/MIT for the HST program comment on when their interview day finished? I inquired and was told not to book travel earlier than 7:30 for that evening but that's proving to be difficult. Thanks for for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, its hard to tell. You will meet there for a short discussion in the morning at 815, and then you have a first round of interviews. These can vary in times from like 930-11:30. Then you have lunch and a tour at 12:15 or so. After that you have a second round of interviews. And these can be scheduled from anywhere between like 230 and 500. So if you get unlucky and have a 5 o clock interview, you will be stuck there till like 6. Thats why they tell you not to book travel till 730. You might be done at 330, you might be done at 600...it all depends. Unfortunately they won't tell you your schedule till the day of since they can change depending on what interviewers are available.

I thought it was simply marvelous. The panel interview had an air of seriousness and they asked the most intense and clever questions I have been asked yet. The student interviewer was so much fun to chat with. The students there seemed quite likable. In all, I simply adored Harvard - particularly the HST program. I really hope I do not get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
CarlosMielefan said:
I thought it was simply marvelous. The panel interview had an air of seriousness and they asked the most intense and clever questions I have been asked yet. The student interviewer was so much fun to chat with. The students there seemed quite likable. In all, I simply adored Harvard - particularly the HST program. I really hope I do not get in.

Que?

CarlosMielefan said:
Were the panel questions mostly about research? Also, do they set you up with panel interviewers who are knowledgeable about your area of research? Lastly, why do you NOT want to get into HST if you love the program :confused: ?

krelian said:
Were the panel questions mostly about research? Also, do they set you up with panel interviewers who are knowledgeable about your area of research? Lastly, why do you NOT want to get into HST if you love the program :confused: ?

I think that post was largely based on sarcasm

RunMimi, can you elaborate on the HST schedule and how it's different from NP? Will the HST office send any interview information (maps, directions, etc.) by snail-mail? Thanks.

CarlosMielefan said:

When did you interview? I think I know who you are.

wait...quick (stupid) question...

hst has panel interviews? does np have panel as well? and what are they like?

[edit]
never mind...

hst - 1 panel (3 on 1) and 1 student interviewer
np - 2 (1 on 1's)

right?

kiwie07 said:
wait...quick (stupid) question...

hst has panel interviews? does np have panel as well? and what are they like?

[edit]
never mind...

hst - 1 panel (3 on 1) and 1 student interviewer
np - 2 (1 on 1's)

right?
sorry about that, that wat the new pathways schedule. should have read the question a little close. but i would still say not to schedule your flight to early because if you do ending up staying late, then you don't want to be in a position of 1)saying you have to leave early to get a plane or 2)missing your plane.