HTML tags show up when I make posts, instead of rich formatting. HELP ME FIX IT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just switched to google chrome from firefox and when I try to format my text it just adds html tags instead of directly bolding, underlining, etc, my text. It's super hard to edit the secondary index thread this way!!

I know there's an option somewhere to turn the rich formatting on. How do I do this?

I fail at the internet.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha... thanks :rolleyes:

Seriously, isn't here a way to change that setting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha... thanks :rolleyes:

Seriously, isn't here a way to change that setting?

Yes, by going back to Firefox. You've already received your answer. Does God Himself need to come down in a blaze of orange glory slightly resembling a fox surrounding the earth to convince you or what?! :laugh:

k11lh.gif

there's no star on mine...wtf? maybe I *do* have to go back to firefox

Last edited:
Yes, by going back to Firefox. You've already received your answer. Does God Himself need to come down in a blaze of orange glory slightly resembling a fox surrounding the earth to convince you or what?! :laugh:

Hahahahahaha :laugh:

shemarty, I think crasiman has it right.

there's no star on mine...wtf? maybe I *do* have to go back to firefox

:laugh:

I didn't mean to be confusing. Yours shouldn't have a star on it, I just put that star there to make it more visible. Yours should just have an A/A. To toggle whether the editor shows the tags or whether it shows the rich text formatting simply click on that box in the upper right corner.

:thumbup:

:laugh:

I didn't mean to be confusing. Yours shouldn't have a star on it, I just put that star there to make it more visible. Yours should just have an A/A. To toggle whether the editor shows the tags or whether it shows the rich text formatting simply click on that box in the upper right corner.

:thumbup:

Sorry, I mis-typed in my fury :oops:

I should have written "there's no A/A on mine" because that's what I meant. Obviously if I had seen the A/A and there was no bright yellow star around it, I still would have figured it out ;)

Here's a screenshot of what I see:
903p5z.jpg

Sorry, I mis-typed in my fury :oops:

I should have written "there's no A/A on mine" because that's what I meant. Obviously if I had seen the A/A and there was no bright yellow star around it, I still would have figured it out ;)

Here's a screenshot of what I see:
Ah ok haha, I figured that perhaps your feverish activity in being the queen of the 09-10 app threads might've exhausted you into looking simply for the star.

It seems that Google Chrome (and all other WebKit based browsers) has an issue with rich text editors. Until that's fixed, it looks like you may have to just switch back to Firefox :(

It seems that Google Chrome (and all other WebKit based browsers) has an issue with rich text editors. Until that's fixed, it looks like you may have to just switch back to Firefox :(

Bah. Okay, thanks :)