http://www.legalsideofpain.com/ Any opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody using http://www.legalsideofpain.com/? Is it worth the subscription price?

What types of forms are available for download and are they of high quality?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have met the author. Very sharp lawyer. She is actually a chronic pain patient and has the goal of educating and helping pain docs avoid legal pitfalls. If this is your cup of tea, I would subscribe.....

She makes a good living scaring the crap out of you and selling you a security blanket. Join NADDI for $50, go to their meetings and meet the drug cops in person and see how they look at the problem. You will feel much better.

At pain meetings look for lectures from the law enforcement side - usually John Burke (drug cop) or Arthur Thexton (State of Wisconsin Board of Medicine lawyer). Art Jordan (MD and member of SC BOM) does a good job too.

If you need forms you can find them for free all over the place, or just post a request here and someone will have one to share.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jenny Bolen is a stand up person and a good publicc speaker. Her information is very useful, timely, and pertinent. I have a bias as I have given lectures at the same venue as her. I was the opening act.:D

I'm not saying she's a bad person. I've spoken with her a few times and exchanged some emails. I agree that she's bright and honest and anyone who has seen her speak knows she's a chronic pain patient. The problem is that when I have seen her speak she started out by telling people she was going to reassure them and then proceeded to scare the hell out of them. I know a lot of LE people at both the state and federal levels and have helped with investigations and she even had me scared.

The LE people I know do not like her lectures for the same reason - they think she frightens doctors too much. Talk about irony.

The last time I looked the info she had on the site was less than what I could find myself. A lot of it was publicly available information. It's been a long time since I looked at her site. Maybe it's better now.

As I said you can join NADDI for $50 and communicate directly with the enforcers and regulators yourself. They have a listserver where you can ask questions. There are doctors on the list who can give advice as well. I don't think you can get any better reassurance than to go to a NADDI meeting, see the lectures on how to identify bad doctors, and realize you don't fit the profile.

Bolen suffers from the same dilemma we all do: we are giving people advice about services that we sell and there is a bias toward our product. I don't think any of us escape that, at least to some degree. We are like barbers advising people they need a haircut.