HU class of 2007- Deferment question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nne97080

Naija babe
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fellow classmates, while waiting for my acceptance, I started looking for other opportunities - Plan B. I found one of the greatest opportunities to do something about HIV/AIDS in Africa before the acceptance letter came. The project will run for a year, and it would further my career as a doctor. My issue is that I need your advice on constructing a letter that would allow Dean C to give me a one year deferment to do the project in Africa. I love HU and would be very happy to be there next fall but I do not want to miss this opportunity. Please give your best advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I would email her or try to get in contact with her in person. Try scheduling a phone call or meeting with her through the office. I dont know if the office wouldnt lose your letter or just ignore it, considering their problems in the past. I take everything over there in person now, because they are always losing and claiming to have never received stuff. She has been very receptive to my emails and responds pretty quickly. I would do it soon to give you the best chance of being offered a deferment since school is starting very soon. Make sure you explain what excites you about the program and what you hope to accomplish and learn, and how it will make you a better med student/physician.

At what address do you email her. She has not responded to any of my previous emails. I am already doing the project so I am not even in the country but I will have someone deliver the letter after I send it via email. Thank you for the advice.