Huge difference between public/IS and private DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a.little.stitious

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MSU is a better option than the others. For multiple reasons. Just go to one of the campus sites that are farther away from where you live, and make it clear to your family that you cannot continue in the caretaker role you have been doing. Forget the job thing, going to medical school is far more important than that for your future.

Reactions: 3 users
I like your user name.

That being said, you should attend the MSU interview. Your reasons for not wanting to be in Michigan are 1) you want to be away from family and 2) you want time off. I don't see these as legitimate reasons not to attend an interview at a very good program. Regardless of where you are you will eventually 1) need to set boundaries with your family and 2) you will have breaks during med school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@AnatomyGrey12 @SpartanWolverine Thanks, guys! I'll definitely keep the interview. I agree about eventually setting boundaries with family no matter where I am, it's just a bit more layered than that (an overwhelming and enmeshed culture), but I get it still. A break to refuel and reflect on the past few years of my life before getting on this train is essential to me, but I could try to get out of work sooner to get a week or so in to do that instead of passing up on a good school.

Reactions: 1 user
For gods sake go MSU if you’re instate. Med school is a time to be selfish

Reactions: 1 user