Human Anatomy class retake and applying for Fall 2017 cycle...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MegaRave214

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I currently have only three classes left in order to be completely done with all of my pre-reqs; Organic chem 2, the lab accompanied with O Chem, and Human anatomy.

My original plan was to apply for the Fall 2016 cycle. I got everything that I needed completed in my application and was going to submit December 2015. This meant that I would be done by May 2016. However, I encountered some health problems that didn't allow me to accomplish this.

In Fall 2015 I was enrolled in Human Anatomy and was passing, but due to my decline in health I was not present for one quiz and the final and ended up failing the class overall. (Not many tests and quizzes, and the final weighed heavily) I tried to get it all figured out with my professor but it was too late to make up the final by that point.

I have fixed what I needed to fix with myself and am ready to try again for the next cycle. I am frustrated that I had this happen but it is what it is.

My question is can I still apply if I hold off on retaking the course until Spring 2017? I really don't want to take a break in between O Chem classes. Will my application even be looked at before I retake the class? I will put it as an intended to take class, but I am not sure if that will suffice. Right now I don't see myself being able to take classes this summer.

I appreciate any insight anyone has to offer.