Human Anatomy&Physiology or Advanced Physiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuumelon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My college offers a class called Human anatomy & Physiology
and then theres advanced physiology.
My adviser said I should take advanced physiology because I already took gen bio and A&P wont count towards my BA in biology.

What should I do?
Also, the teacher for advanced sucks haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Advanced. Hands down. It will count as an upper level biology instead of lower division. I think most schools generally ignore lower division electives.

My college offers a class called Human anatomy & Physiology
and then theres advanced physiology.
My adviser said I should take advanced physiology because I already took gen bio and A&P wont count towards my BA in biology.

What should I do?
Also, the teacher for advanced sucks haha.

I agree that upper level science courses look better, but only if you do well in them.

I signed up for a physiology class and hated it...we talked about diffusion and osmosis for the first half of the semester...maybe look into exactly what the class entails.

Members don't see this ad :)
I signed up for a physiology class and hated it...we talked about diffusion and osmosis for the first half of the semester...maybe look into exactly what the class entails.

Def check the course description and syllabi, because it could be really awesome. The physio course at my ug was by far the highlight of the bio major, and it was so popular it was near impossible to even get in unless you were a graduating senior

Upper level is would probably be the better option because some schools only accept upper level A&P to fulfill the physiology requirement. For example, western only accepts upper level A&P.

Thanks guys!
I will take advanced phys. I heard I will be able to do an open heart surgery on a live rabbit which sounds so tight because my dream job its to be a Veterinarian Surgeon. ;D