Quantcast

humanities Passages.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
The humanities passages are a real killer for me but the sciences i end up sliding by pretty well. Any liberal art majors or anyone in general have any advice at all on how to go about this? Its not like i could keep taking humanitarian passages and do well because they cover such a broad amount of topics so i'm kind of stuck.

PullMyFinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I find them easy because I was a political science major in undergrad. However, the best thing I can say is to read the news and keep up with simple current events. I only say that because it helps me. Other than that, you can't help what topics are going to be on there.

Generally whenever there's a passage on politics, humanities, etc. I tend to get most of the answers right...because I get what the author is writing and everything..it all flows.

Hope that helps, if not, sorry.

requeim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you have a lot of time before you mcat, try to read material that you have problems with. imo, reading articles from a newspaper is good but it would make more sense to read from something more dense and boring (what you fill most often find on the mcat)

nontrdgsbuiucmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest focusing on the general gist of the passage and not get bogged down by the details, after reading each paragraph stop to think for a few seconds about what that paragraph did and how it ties in to or changes the meaning of the passage as a whole.

Also, recognize that often "exact" answers, being defined as ones that are pulled verbatim from the passage, are wrong; the correct answers tend to need more of a correct interpretation of the passage.