Humor: My Grad School Development Model

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rivi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
"You also begin wondering why the 3rd, 4th, and 5th year students look so pissed off all the time."

HA! So true...Thanks for the humor break! I also enjoyed the dissertation evolution!!

Members don't see this ad :)
As a graduate school hopeful, this is very disturbing. Advice for someone who is in the clinical psych phd interview stage?

"You also begin wondering why the 3rd, 4th, and 5th year students look so pissed off all the time."

HA! So true...Thanks for the humor break! I also enjoyed the dissertation evolution!!

There is definitely a honeymoon stage and then many years of doubting yourself and being unsure if you made the right decision! I find that many early career psychologists also go through stages of feeling demoralized and depressed.

As a graduate school hopeful, this is very disturbing. Advice for someone who is in the clinical psych phd interview stage?

I can only speak for myself, and I based this on my experiences. Also, this is meant as humor (i.e., some things are embellished), not an objective view of the grad school experience (so don't take it too seriously). Grad school was difficult, but definitely an interesting experience that I am glad I did (see stage 5).

Haha, this is hilarious! <- new grad student here.