Husband/ Wife Chances of matching together?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amandadmd

amandadmd
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with "couples" matching? Orthos match is in late Nov. while pedo is January. We are hoping to match together or one will sit out & wait. Anybody with any experience in this challenge?

Members don't see this ad.

My wife is a urology resident and I'm in oral surgery. We ended up only ranking one place to ensure we went to the same place. Our matches were on the same day.

tx oms said:
My wife is a urology resident and I'm in oral surgery. We ended up only ranking one place to ensure we went to the same place. Our matches were on the same day.

How does it feel that 95% of the packages your wife stares at every day are larger than yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
DcS said:
How does it feel that 95% of the packages your wife stares at every day are larger than yours?
Food for thought: How many chefs do you know that like to come home and cook? Sucks to be TX...

And geez, 95%...are you kissing ass to get an interview here?

DcS said:
That joke is as disappointing as sex with your mother.

tx oms said:
That joke is as disappointing as sex with your mother.
Not quite as disappointing as the fact that I thought his mother wasn't bad for a sixty year-old...

OMFSCardsFan said:
... I thought his mother wasn't bad for a sixty year-old...
So then....it sounds like you've had lots of experience with sixty-year-olds to make an accurate comparison. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

tx oms said:

Urology? Your prostate must tremble in fear whenever she enters the room. The problem with having a wife in urology is you don't know when she is getting fresh or just occupationally curious. I guess you would know what she was thinking/feeling at the time if you get a bill in the mail 7 days later. I think my verum montanum wants me to end this conversation.... :barf:

toofache32 said:
So then....it sounds like you've had lots of experience with sixty-year-olds to make an accurate comparison. I guess beggars can't be choosers.
I prefer to call them "experienced." There's nothing like a woman with no inhibitions.

OMFSCardsFan said:
I prefer to call them "experienced." There's nothing like a woman with no inhibitions.

Or even really really low standards....

toofache32 said:
...and no memory.
Exactly! I'd love to not hear these words from my girlfriend, "No, we just did it 2 hours ago." A faulty memory is a strong quality. Must be why they call them the "golden years."

OMFSCardsFan said:
...I'd love to not hear these words from my girlfriend, "No, we just did it 2 hours ago."
As if you've ever heard that. :eek: