Esteban

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2006
764
3
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!
 

WhatUpDoc!

The Sign Says It All
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
784
11
Somewhere, USA
Status
Attending Physician
:laugh: Lord, I laugh every time I see that commercial. Where is he from, Midwestern or something like that!?!? I remember initially thinking that he was some paid actor and they put a generic Med School name up there to make him look official. Then I saw the website and laughed even harder. Nothing against any Midwestern graduates or DOs out there... the commercial just sucks :laugh:
 
About the Ads

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
1,495
3
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well, now he is down-and-out, working in the entertainment industry, billing himself as "The Most-Muscular Chippendale's Magic Clown" The ladies just love it.
 

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
43,161
84
Wild west of Mistytown
Status
There's also some MD's advertising out there.

So don't think that just because one DO is out there its make other DO's look bad.
 

Hardbody

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
743
2
Status
Esteban said:
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!
Nah, he isn't making "DOs look bad", but he may be making D.O.'s look a little shady.
 

CatsandCradles

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2005
1,654
5
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Esteban said:
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!
I know. I feel bad when ever I see that commericial.
 

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
15,488
1,876
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mshheaddoc said:
There's also some MD's advertising out there.

So don't think that just because one DO is out there its make other DO's look bad.
It's all about what they are advertising.

Hydroxycut =/= Proactiv.
 

Oculus Sinistra

Finish it.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,087
3
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Esteban said:
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!
I haven't seen it, but one DO does not represent the entire osteopathic profession and I think any reasonable person understands that.

Isn't the "A Promise Made, a Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the cause and cure of diabetes" guy also a DO (and a Ph.D., PharmD, etc too?)?

EDIT: He's a D.C., N.D., Ph.D. That's... ridiculous. But anyway, my mistake.

I like when a DO does something great (like the Hero, MD guy) and they don't mention that he is a DO... but when a DO does something bad (like the DO's that keep buying the cheap Botox and end up nearly killing people) they're all over the fact that he is a DO.
 

Jamers

Sexy Man
10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
1,904
16
North Carolina
Status
Attending Physician
Oculus Sinistra said:
I haven't seen it, but one DO does not represent the entire osteopathic profession and I think any reasonable person understands that.

Isn't the "A Promise Made, a Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the cause and cure of diabetes" guy also a DO (and a Ph.D., PharmD, etc too?)?

EDIT: He's a D.C., N.D., Ph.D. That's... ridiculous. But anyway, my mistake.

I like when a DO does something great (like the Hero, MD guy) and they don't mention that he is a DO... but when a DO does something bad (like the DO's that keep buying the cheap Botox and end up nearly killing people) they're all over the fact that he is a DO.
Maybe I am wrong but I swore it was ND's that gave the outdated botox, not DOs. Anyways, one DO does not ruin the profession. There are pleanty of quack MDs out there.
 

Oculus Sinistra

Finish it.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,087
3
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Jamers said:
Maybe I am wrong but I swore it was ND's that gave the outdated botox, not DOs. Anyways, one DO does not ruin the profession. There are pleanty of quack MDs out there.
I thought ND's didn't distribute medications like Botox...

But the last example that I had read was a DO from here in Florida.
 
About the Ads