Hydroxycut guy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychEpathic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Lord, I laugh every time I see that commercial. Where is he from, Midwestern or something like that!?!? I remember initially thinking that he was some paid actor and they put a generic Med School name up there to make him look official. Then I saw the website and laughed even harder. Nothing against any Midwestern graduates or DOs out there... the commercial just sucks :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, now he is down-and-out, working in the entertainment industry, billing himself as "The Most-Muscular Chippendale's Magic Clown" The ladies just love it.

Esteban said:
Hey, has anyone seen that commercial for that weight lost product, Hydroxycut? That resident physician, "Jon Marshall D.O.," makes DOs look bad! What the hell is that guy doing?!

Nah, he isn't making "DOs look bad", but he may be making D.O.'s look a little shady.

Esteban said:

I know. I feel bad when ever I see that commericial.

mshheaddoc said:
There's also some MD's advertising out there.

So don't think that just because one DO is out there its make other DO's look bad.
It's all about what they are advertising.

Hydroxycut =/= Proactiv.

Esteban said:

I haven't seen it, but one DO does not represent the entire osteopathic profession and I think any reasonable person understands that.

Isn't the "A Promise Made, a Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the cause and cure of diabetes" guy also a DO (and a Ph.D., PharmD, etc too?)?

EDIT: He's a D.C., N.D., Ph.D. That's... ridiculous. But anyway, my mistake.

I like when a DO does something great (like the Hero, MD guy) and they don't mention that he is a DO... but when a DO does something bad (like the DO's that keep buying the cheap Botox and end up nearly killing people) they're all over the fact that he is a DO.

Oculus Sinistra said:
I haven't seen it, but one DO does not represent the entire osteopathic profession and I think any reasonable person understands that.

Isn't the "A Promise Made, a Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the cause and cure of diabetes" guy also a DO (and a Ph.D., PharmD, etc too?)?

EDIT: He's a D.C., N.D., Ph.D. That's... ridiculous. But anyway, my mistake.

I like when a DO does something great (like the Hero, MD guy) and they don't mention that he is a DO... but when a DO does something bad (like the DO's that keep buying the cheap Botox and end up nearly killing people) they're all over the fact that he is a DO.

Maybe I am wrong but I swore it was ND's that gave the outdated botox, not DOs. Anyways, one DO does not ruin the profession. There are pleanty of quack MDs out there.

Jamers said:
Maybe I am wrong but I swore it was ND's that gave the outdated botox, not DOs. Anyways, one DO does not ruin the profession. There are pleanty of quack MDs out there.

I thought ND's didn't distribute medications like Botox...

But the last example that I had read was a DO from here in Florida.