Hyperlearning Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m2k

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What was the year there was major overhaul of these books?

Was there major changes?

What is the earliest year which is good? Should I look for current year?

How is 2006 version.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks...

Someone else posted that anything after 2003 is not changed... I just bought 2006... did I waste the money?

I am not sure about the 06 version but maybe you can try to find a friend who has a newer version and compare the passages, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the time anything post-2007 is fine. Sometimes materials don't even change from pre-2007 to post.

But 2008 and 2011 should be the same. I base this off my experience with Kaplan's flashcards. They were "2011" but copyrighted 2006. You're talking about TPRH, but still, 2008 and 2011 should be the same.

Most of the time anything post-2007 is fine. Sometimes materials don't even change from pre-2007 to post.

But 2008 and 2011 should be the same. I base this off my experience with Kaplan's flashcards. They were "2011" but copyrighted 2006. You're talking about TPRH, but still, 2008 and 2011 should be the same.

Yes I agree..Most of the times books just update their errors from their previous years, instead of adding more practice passages, etc.

I think you probably correct. These corrections are important though.

I just bought a 2006 as well. Should I get something newer?

that should be fine

Ok cool, I figured that the verbal portion probably didn't change much when the MCAT was "updated" in 2007. I actually got the verbal/writing book, the BS book, the verbal workbook, and the diagnostic for only $20. I don't know if I'll touch the bio book though since it might be outdated.

What do you think?

I had the same question. A friend gave me all of his hyperlearning books from 2007, and I was considering to buy the 2010 workbooks. I have the ergo and bio review books from 2011, and compared to the content in the 2007 books it is almost the same info with better displays.

Well, books arrive today... to my surprise these say 2007. I guess I should not worry to get newer ones.. as someone said, post 2007 are ok.

Also, I noticed, there is no gen chemistry and organic chemistry in the set... shouldn't those be in there?

I have the 2010 physical science review book & biological science review book if anyones interested! :) Please private message me if interested