Hypertension fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope always

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t see it listed in ERAS ! How can I include it as afellowship in ERAS ?!

Members don't see this ad.

Guys any idea ?!

I don’t know the answer but is hypertension considered an ACGME accredited fellowship?

There’s a lot of these pseudo cardiology fellowships (HTN, preventive cardiology, “heart failure”, “imaging”) which are basically research fellowships that act as stepping stones to getting into cardiology fellowship. Vascular medicine is done that way too sometimes but is often just a fellowship field in itself. I don’t know where a HTN fellowship falls along this spectrum

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really need a fellowship to treat hypertension???

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know the answer but is hypertension considered an ACGME accredited fellowship?

There’s a lot of these pseudo cardiology fellowships (HTN, preventive cardiology, “heart failure”, “imaging”) which are basically research fellowships that act as stepping stones to getting into cardiology fellowship. Vascular medicine is done that way too sometimes but is often just a fellowship field in itself. I don’t know where a HTN fellowship falls along this spectrum
It is non ACGME accredited fellowship and most of these felowships are one step towards Cardiology. ERAS mentioned number of non ACGME programs but not hypertension. I thought to line it under cardiovascular disease and write its description in the comment.

I can't possibly think of how a hypertension fellowship by itself will make you more competitive. PCP, FM, IM, chiropractors, dieticians, nephrology, obgyn, treats HTN. If i was trying to be competetive in cardiology, id find some research work and something more productive. Doubt just having a htn fellowship on yr cv is worth much, unless you have no other option and want to do something clinical that year.

I can't possibly think of how a hypertension fellowship by itself will make you more competitive. PCP, FM, IM, chiropractors, dieticians, nephrology, obgyn, treats HTN. If i was trying to be competetive in cardiology, id find some research work and something more productive. Doubt just having a htn fellowship on yr cv is worth much, unless you have no other option and want to do something clinical that year.

Thank you for your feedback. I don’t know whether or not it would help in cardiology. I did ask this question to a faculty member cardiologist and he did say clearly that having any kind of fellowship would definitely put you a head of the game, let alone publications and scholarly activities out of it. So I don’t think it is totally useless but who knows.

I agree that it's not totally useless. Especially if your institution has a general cardiology fellowship, you already have an advantage there by working with the faculty and fellows. I had a faculty cardiology member tell me this as well.

I'm doing a one year advanced heart failure fellowship, however, it is also non-acgme. Did you figure out a way to enter your fellowship in ERAS? I was going to just place it under work experiences, but think it would be better if it was under training. If you choose from the drop down choices, there is no place to write a description. Only reason you left.

I contacted ERAS and they asked me to contact ECFMG . I prefer under training as it has good impact. I put the comment n “reason you left”