Hypothetical Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murphy005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, this is probably a dumb question but it got me thinking the other day. I plan on apply to pharmacy schools before I earn a degree. Now, say I'm on the ball next fall... get my applications done early, interview early, and say... gain acceptence before the end of my first semester that year. Now, as long as I have the the required prereqs down that first semester, could I possbily take that second semester off before pharmacy school begins?

I know, really bad question.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, if you have finished all of your prereq's that you need for the school, you could take a semester off before Fall term starts.

I don't think that is a bad question at all. If, as you say, you're really on the ball and have all of your prerequisite classes out of the way, I see no reason why you shouldn't or couldn't take a semester off.

Members don't see this ad :)
you just need your prereqs so if you get in early you can do whatever you want the semester before you start

I would be sure to ask the schools you get accepted to if they are ok with that or if they prefer to see you finish out the year. You don't want an acceptance to get revoked because the school assumed you would take another semester of classes and you didn't know they expected that

If you plan to do that, than at least don't list any planned coursework in PharmCAS and graduate instead. There's no sense in beating around the bush or mislead others on your application.

The conditions described in the acceptance letter mainly revolves around getting all the prereqs done and maintaining a certain baseline for your final classes (ex: must pass all final semester classes). So, you could always take a bunch of podunk classes as I have never heard a condition requiring you to take a certain caliber of courses.;) Take basket-weaving or golf.:D

Don't forget, if you list that you have a "Degree expected," then you better have that degree before you enter the school, otherwise they can revoke your admission.