hypothetical scenario: dental school merges with medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shake_yabooties

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was working today and this interesting question came up in my mind. What if dental school never existed and was part of medical school?
let's say.. you had to go through med school, apply to dentistry specialty.
Then after that you would do a fellow in orthodontics or maxillo-facial surgery.

How competitive would it be to get in to dentistry residency? :)
I would imagine it would be quiet competitive given the working hours/compensation. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I was working today and this interesting question came up in my mind. What if dental school never existed and was part of medical school?
let's say.. you had to go through med school, apply to dentistry specialty.
Then after that you would do a fellow in orthodontics or maxillo-facial surgery.

How competitive would it be to get in to dentistry residency? :)
I would imagine it would be quiet competitive given the working hours/compensation. What do you guys think?

Seems like an interview question... Did you get one something like this during your interview? DON'T FALL FOR THIS TRAP!!!!

Interviewee: So if Dentistry and its sub-specialities were a part of medical school, would you still pursue it?

Interviewer: In that case yes. I would do this blah blah blah :D

Interviewer (in his mind): He isn't REALLY interested in Medicine; he would even be a dentist. I guess a rejection is on his way :smuggrin:

Who cares. What if being a doctor paid $1,000,000/year and you didn't have to go to med school? What if all hot women were intelligent? And funny?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that Case offers a dual degree MD/DDS

Who cares. What if being a doctor paid $1,000,000/year and you didn't have to go to med school? What if all hot women were intelligent? And funny?

And what if females had testicles? :rolleyes: