I am an IDIOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrepharmKID

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was reviewing one of my applications that I sent off a week ago, and I realized I made some really stupid mistakes on it. The annoying part is I reviewed it for like 2 days before sending it off and even had someone else check it!

On one part when I was listing a lab class, I flipped the two numbers for the course, I typed "PSY213" instead of "PSY231", THEN i saw that I also put mistyped the year I took Economics, instead I typed "A". Then for Social and behavioral sciences I listed sociology twice instead of putting psychology! I felt so good about what I was submitting I can't believe I made such obvious mistakes.

You think they will overlook that and just compare what pharmcas sent them or you think they'll just dismiss my application as a lazy person...? :scared:
 
i would contact the school and tell them about your typos. being upfront about your mistakes is better than just waiting to see what happens. it's that big of a deal, but i think you'll be less worried if you know that you tried to fix the error.
 
So I was reviewing one of my applications that I sent off a week ago, and I realized I made some really stupid mistakes on it. The annoying part is I reviewed it for like 2 days before sending it off and even had someone else check it!

On one part when I was listing a lab class, I flipped the two numbers for the course, I typed "PSY213" instead of "PSY231", THEN i saw that I also put mistyped the year I took Economics, instead I typed "A". Then for Social and behavioral sciences I listed sociology twice instead of putting psychology! I felt so good about what I was submitting I can't believe I made such obvious mistakes.

You think they will overlook that and just compare what pharmcas sent them or you think they'll just dismiss my application as a lazy person...? :scared:

I think the PSY213 error will go unnoticed or be corrected with no prob by the school. The double sociology thing might be an issue. I agree with the post above, just call right when they open and explain what it's supposed to say and I'm sure they will just correct it for you. I did something similar on one of my apps, I called in, explained, and they lady was able to grab my app and fix it for me over the phone. Good luck man (or girl).