I am back from podiatrist's office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmkelly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Suffered from 8 hours standing,I went to see my podiatrist today.I want to share some concern about this"killing-leg" job.
1.Good arch support is very important.It is recommended that you get a customerized arch support from your podiatrist(range from $200-500, may or may not be covered by your insurance)
2.You can buy some elastic supporting panty hose from department store, such as Jcpenny.
3.Before wearing the panty hose, you can use the tape to wrap the feet and give them extra support.
This podiatrist said he treated a lot of pharmacists and the only way to solve the problem is to have a stool.Damn, like I did not think this through before.:p:p:p.
Anyway, any other recommendation you guys want to share to prevent spider veins in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, it'd be kinda weird wearing stockings with my hairy legs :laugh:

work in a hospital. or, at least, my hospital.
we get to sit at our computers....it's hard to beat the secretary spread!

I have 2 different insoles in my shoes and usually stand in the same place for about 80% of the day (13 hours). We have a padded mat at the verification computer and I think it helps alot. My feet/legs rarely give me any pain anymore.

I also workout my legs alot in the gym. Free form squats and leg presses with a couple hundred pounds make standing in one spot all day a walk in the park.