I am going to be a dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 3 long and hard years, I am finally accepted into dental school.

Temple University here I come.

DReams do come true!

HD :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

congrats ..... i'm walking in ur shoes -- i'll get there too!

wow i envy you all temple acceptees........I wanna go to temple
aslkdjalsdjalkdjasdjadasd
asda
sd
asd
asdadsasd
as
dads

23J#@KJ#@(#U@K#J@#()@J#I :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats , if you mind I ask ..

how old are you now ?

I am thinking I wont prolly get in this yrs cycle and might have to try again .. its just that my age might play a huge factor.

Late Night said:
congrats , if you mind I ask ..

how old are you now ?

I am thinking I wont prolly get in this yrs cycle and might have to try again .. its just that my age might play a huge factor.

how old are you?

Way to go, Hockey!! You deserve it.

Good Luck, Buddy!!

AWESOME HD, absolutely awesome...

HD!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! You truly deserve it!!

Good luck to you!

Tweety

Congratts, my man! Last year, we got thru the boredom of the Baylor interview info session together, we got thru the waiting together, we got thru the rejection together... but this year, you and I got thru December 1st with big, bright, dentist-approved smiles on our faces! Congratulations, Andrew... you're in!

-Dan

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

Hockeydentist - you don't know how happy I am for you!!! Seriously! You just made my night. I admire your stamina and determination - nothings harder than being given a chance. When you come to Philly, look me up and I promise to buy you a round of drinks (if you do drink that is, if not, then your next bottled water or V8 is on me). - Sprgrover :clap:

You are one step closer but by no means "going to be a dentist"

Lots can happen in the next four years. Start thinking on a micro level bec a lot of students get screwed thinking macro

Brocnizer2007 said:
You are one step closer but by no means "going to be a dentist"

Lots can happen in the next four years. Start thinking on a micro level bec a lot of students get screwed thinking macro

Lighten up and give the guy a break.

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

THEY SURE DO!!!!!! I will see you there!!! wOohOo!!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

Damn.. finally man... Congratulation. I remember that you and I were in the same cycle 2 yrs ago. I'm so happy for you. :) :)

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

Wow, I really am happy for you. 3rd time's really the charm, eh? Good stuff :) Congrats again!

YOU did it MAN!!! WAY TO GO!!!

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

Many must have congratulated you. But I want to add mine to the list. I'm very glad you made it through. I still remember you were even thinking about backing out. Hardwork is always paid off. Congrats again.

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

HD, I am so happy for you. Congrats on the acceptance this year. I was just talking to my wife about you and your status and it pleases me to know that you are on your way. Congrats again.

hey congratulations!!! i admire your perserverance...i dunno if i woulda had the will power youve shown over the years! best of luck to you at temple!!

Congratulations. This is my second time applying too and im glad i got in!!! Hard works pays off, and im glad you got in :thumbup:

HD: I haven't followed up on your posts but from reading everyone's response in this thread, it appears that you really persevered through this whole process. I bet that internal feeling is unbeatable.

It is especially worthwhile when you work towards something and getting it. I know I worked for years in post-bac to get into dental school, and when I got in, it was this peace, joy, satisfaction, that still continues to this day. It's been 8 weeks since dental school started for me, and every day, I feel so priveleged, and proud of where I'm at, no matter how much work I have to do, how negative I may feel, or how tired I am. It's a sense of accomplishment that stays for months, if not years to come.

Perhaps, HD, you may feel the same way as well, and that's why I talked so much about myself.
Congratulations doesn't seem to capture the feeling.

HD: It be nice to see a thread where you post your journey. Tell us the perseverance, the struggles, doubts, confidence that you had to go through. Would be nice to see encouraging stories on SDN.

HD, I dropped you a PM.

All I can say is...awesome. :thumbup:

Go out and get wrecked.

May I call you Dr. A??

Man, you do not know how happy i am for you. I was reading the posts above and tears of joy started coming down. You have earned it :thumbup:

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

:0) congrats hockeydentist. !!!!

best of luck..

hockeydentist said:
You guys rock!

wow! congrads congrads congrads!! You totally deserve this and will make an excellent dentist! rock on!

Sprgrover said:
Hockeydentist - you don't know how happy I am for you!!! Seriously! You just made my night. I admire your stamina and determination - nothings harder than being given a chance. When you come to Philly, look me up and I promise to buy you a round of drinks (if you do drink that is, if not, then your next bottled water or V8 is on me). - Sprgrover :clap:

Will do buddy, Hockeyplayers know how to drink!

hockeydentist said:

DReams do come true!

CONGRATZ!! You are a man of admiration. A person like you with your unwavering dedication to dentistry definitely deserve a seat in a dental school. I am glad Temple made a good choice.

Good luck,
Rich

Richnator said:
CONGRATZ!! You are a man of admiration. A person like you with your unwavering dedication to dentistry definitely deserve a seat in a dental school. I am glad Temple made a good choice.

Good luck,
Rich

Thanks Rich

Everyone on here has been so positive its great! Its funny how life turns out!

In the end, hard work does pay off.

hockeydentist said:
Thanks Rich

Everyone on here has been so positive its great! Its funny how life turns out!

In the end, hard work does pay off.

Congrats HD, I've been following some of your posts, and it's awesome that you got in. I remember a post by you, saying that if you don't get in this cycle you will move on. So, it was nice to see that you got in. I'm in a similar predicament, although this is my second cycle. Hopefully I will get in somewhere, although I haven't heard the good news just yet! :oops:

Den