I am losing hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like my window is closing faster and faster. I've almost lost all hope except for my state schools. Even then I have to do a bang-up job for a late interview.....

No interviews, but at least not "formal" rejections (assuming Marquette's class is full, they will be sure to boot me soon enough). Sad, sad, sad

Members don't see this ad.

Do not lose hope. It isn't over yet. You are working hard for this, so do not lose perspective. It will happen. Besides, there is always next year. Good luck!

Don't panic. You've still got until March, even later at some schools. Dec 1 is only the first round. Days to watch Dec 1, Jan 15, and March 1 for first, second, and third rounds. After that it's alternate lists and the summer months. Just make sure your apps are complete and hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't give up, you still have friends
don't give up, you're not the only one
don't give up, cuz somewhere there's a place where you belong

Don't give up! Find something to occupy your time, though, because it's so hard to wait! Believe me, I know; this is my second year! It's still early and your stats are pretty good!

Thanks for the support :)
I'll keep my chin up

find a back up plan to keep ur mind occupied. that's what i'm doing. in fact, i'm thinking about studying again for the DAT

just remember:

"Huh, ya got to keep your head up"
-2pac

Well I'm already working on my backup plan. This is my second time applying. I am in graduate school now, taking upper level bio courses for my master's in biology. It's basically reapply, and reapply again if need be. I'm really not sure if my DAT will even be good next year.....Looks like I might be studying again for it depending on what is recommended to me.

Check out my stats, there still hope for you. Stick in there i almost gave up all hope too.

And remember that schools will be handing out acceptances to students who are going to turn them down because they got in somewhere else. That will open up a lot of spots for second round picks.

Also, I'll bet schools are being wary about interviewing too many people too early this year because of the expected increase in application numbers (I've at least heard that Columbia is trying to be more selective early). Schools are trying to avoid the Nova problem so that they don't fill up before they even get to some stellar applicants who applied a little later.

Have you seen "Little Miss Sunshine"? Remember the nine points :)

Why would you assume Marquette's class is full? School's have only begun the interviewing process and there's a long way to go before classes begin to fill up. This is hardly the time to be worrying about not getting accepted. Just sit back and wait for those interviews to come, and they will come. :luck:

so getting interview from columbia early is a good sign?

same here dude, I'm losing hope too...nothing yet...and I have good stats as well but nothing...i've got rejected from case indiana and nova..and i don't understand y.......................:scared: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .....there is no hope for me....

And remember that schools will be handing out acceptances to students who are going to turn them down because they got in somewhere else. That will open up a lot of spots for second round picks.

Also, I'll bet schools are being wary about interviewing too many people too early this year because of the expected increase in application numbers (I've at least heard that Columbia is trying to be more selective early). Schools are trying to avoid the Nova problem so that they don't fill up before they even get to some stellar applicants who applied a little later.

Have you seen "Little Miss Sunshine"? Remember the nine points :)

I don't see nova having a problem, it is a business for them. They will fill up early with great applicants. It is only a porblem for those who are late.