I am so F****** sick of med students!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So granted I am one. But I think I'm an anomaly.

Is it just me or does communicating with fellow medical students leave you frustrated and annoyed?? Why is it that science people tend to criticize and overanalyze everything you do or say?? Or passive aggressively make statements that are supposed to irk you into a debate??

Ok, GUNNER I don't want to debate/argue/make a point for you. I don't want to talk to you and have you look at me as if you were looking through a magnifying glass.

Ugh and yet I have to see these people every day with their righteous, I'm better than GOD attitudes.

Does everyone in this profession have such an inflated ego??? I swear, I have not found one normal, uncritical person - everyone has that stupid "science" mentality and God forbid you misuse a verb.

Also, why do people act like they are high school freshmen? I mean, honestly - keg stands for God's sake?! rumors?! calling people odd if they don't attend these stupid parties where a ping pong ball gets tossed around into gross cups of stale cheap beer, or if they don't sleep with every other person in the class?? what is this?? how is this an f****** profession? and yet they feel that they have a right to judge you. ew. what am I doing here? why did I expect something else? I can't believe the route to becoming such an important figure in people's lives is paved with so much unnecessary bull****.

Um yea, I felt the EXACT same way (i.e. kegs, gossip, class hookups, and ahem..yes many virgins as well... basically high school..) as you did starting out med school last year. In fact, I have never met such pathethic people in my entire life. And the people I went to college with are 100x smarter than these kids academically and socially as well (not to mention, way better looking). It just shows that you cannot take things for granted, like your old friends because indeed, medical students are not a very gifted bunch. My only advice to you is "Ignore and delete." Stay close to your old friends and normal people.

Members don't see this ad.

Easy there Boss...I get on this site about once every week or so, quite evident by my prolific post rate. If I have a facebook does that make me an antisocial recluse, too?

Branding everyone on SDN as antisocial for dicking around on a message board is not going to endear you to anyone. I'm in the middle of my third year rotations, I come on during my downtime because I have nothing better to do at the moment.

When I had too much to drink while in the company of friends in college, they'd tell me the following day that I was very drunk/very funny/had a great time.

When I had too much to drink while in the company of my med school colleagues (I say *had* because I've pretty much stopped going out with them), they'd tell me the following day that I had too much to drink and I'm a drunk/I should learn how to control myself/etc.

Pretty much sums up why I hate them lol

Ha, I've known med students to drink harder than most people but maybe that's just my school

Members don't see this ad :)
The rich kids annoy me the most, to be honest. The process in my mind usually goes something like "Thanks for showing me your daddy-gifted BMW jerkface, I'm gonna go drive my piece of crap Honda for the rest of medical school until I have a job and can make enough money to actually afford one". Then again I'm sure there's plenty of med students who are irresponsible enough with their money that this isn't even really the big issue.
Who in their right mind would turn down a BMW. Am I supposed to dress like a pauper and drive a kia to make you feel more financially secure?

Who in their right mind would turn down a BMW. Am I supposed to dress like a pauper and drive a kia to make you feel more financially secure?

The ones in question asked their parents for the BMW/Lexus/whatever. That's not the point. Being showy with money is always annoying.

The ones in question asked their parents for the BMW/Lexus/whatever. That's not the point. Being showy with money is always annoying.

I never have a problem with it. What someone else drives is of no concern to me. You can drive a nice car and not be a douche about it.

If my parents were wealthy I would have no problem with asking for a nicer car than what I have right now. I wouldn't drive around like I'm a big shot, I would just drive around how I do now albeit in a nicer car

I never have a problem with it. What someone else drives is of no concern to me. You can drive a nice car and not be a douche about it.

If my parents were wealthy I would have no problem with asking for a nicer car than what I have right now. I wouldn't drive around like I'm a big shot, I would just drive around how I do now albeit in a nicer car

You're a better man than most people, then IMO

You're a better man than most people, then IMO

Ehh, I have friends with money who don't act like douches. I've also spent significant time in LA and Atlanta where there are a lot of people who are flashy and I never want to be like that.

I never understood people who think they are big shots when they have a run of the mill luxury car. Out here in Atlanta there are a lot of posers. I laugh when I see someone thinking highly of themselves because they have a Corvette and then a Ferrari pulls up behind them.

There's always somebody out there with more impressive stuff than you

Ehh, I have friends with money who don't act like douches. I've also spent significant time in LA and Atlanta where there are a lot of people who are flashy and I never want to be like that.

I never understood people who think they are big shots when they have a run of the mill luxury car. Out here in Atlanta there are a lot of posers. I laugh when I see someone thinking highly of themselves because they have a Corvette and then a Ferrari pulls up behind them.

There's always somebody out there with more impressive stuff than you

I agree with you on this, but I also never understood people who automatically think that because someone drives a beamer to class they are inherently a snob.

This post and the comments are hilarious!!!

S/N : How do you still have time to hate med students. Shouldn't you have spent the semester becoming intimate with whatever learning material your school uses. I know med students are SUPER ANNOYING but after ~2-3 months they were vapor to me

I agree with you on this, but I also never understood people who automatically think that because someone drives a beamer to class they are inherently a snob.

You're right. People who drive 5L V8 engines with dub-douces and a glow-ride base system are totally legit. Totally. Especially surrounded by people who are 250k in debt and are barely able to make car payments, or fix the dent in their car.

People who 'aren't douches' about being wealthy are never known except to their closest friends. Its because they have 7 million dollars and drive a volvo, not a corvette. BMW/Lexus, unless a high end model, I dont consider a robitching car, btw. People who have nice things (especially new nice things) will always be in the envy of those who don't have. Those who envy will inevitably pass their own judgements onto the person they are envious of. It really isnt the person being wealthy that has the problem, its the person who is poor. Unless they are actually a douche (pinstripe suit with an all black on black mercedes AMG to the free clinic in poor town, for example)

People who 'aren't douches' about being wealthy are never known except to their closest friends. Its because they have 7 million dollars and drive a volvo, not a corvette. BMW/Lexus, unless a high end model, I dont consider a robitching car, btw.

Does that make M-class BMW drivers douches? Or a Lexus SC maybe? Not sure I understand how someone's enjoyment / desire for higher-end cars makes them douches by default, unless they're just... douchey.