I am sorry, this may be a silly question, about Audio Osmosis CDs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armymt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the audio osmosis CD's. I want to know if it is possible to convert the files on the CD's into mp3 files for my IPOD. So I can walk around and listen to them with my IPOD. But I am not too sure on how to do this. Anybody has a clue? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the audio osmosis CD's. I want to know if it is possible to convert the files on the CD's into mp3 files for my IPOD. So I can walk around and listen to them with my IPOD. But I am not too sure on how to do this. Anybody has a clue? Thanks.
sure, just transfer them onto your computer, then onto your ipod. pretty simple.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I purchased audio Osmosis, I went to CVS and purchased the cheapest CD player I could find. I believe it cost $19, so why don't you just buy a CD player?

When I purchased audio Osmosis, I went to CVS and purchased the cheapest CD player I could find. I believe it cost $19, so why don't you just buy a CD player?

Mostly just out of convenience I guess. I would like to have all the information on the CDs to be in my ipod, so I can listen to them everywhere I go, without carrying around all the CD's and be switching the CD's out everytime.

I have itunes, but I do not have a CD burner drive. Like I said, I have a cheap computer, and my CD-ROM can't rip/burn these files into my ipod.

I am just wondering if there is any way around this. Anyone knows a way of getting these files into my ipod?? If not, I guess I would have to go and buy myself a CD burner drive.

Perhaps I can use another computer that has a burner, but I do not want to re-sync everything on my ipod.

You do not need a CD burner to import the music onto your ipod. What would be helpful though is an internet connection while ripping the CDs so you can get the track names. All you need to do is open itunes, and insert the CD. Once itunes recognizes that a CD has been inserted it will prompt you to rip the music to your hard drive, as seen in the following screen.

57973481wo4.png

If this does not occur, you can access the CD a different way. The disc will also show up in the left hand pane as illustrated. You can click on it, and then click on the import CD icon that is located on the bottom right hand corner. This is assuming you have the latest version of itunes. You will only be able to get the CD track names if your computer is connected to the internet. I recommend that you are connected to the internet so you don't have to to tag them yourself.

31027213au0.png

You DON'T need a burner. Ripping is just reading the CD, something all CD drivers do inherently.Hope this helps.

ok, now that you have bought audio osmosis, i dont feel as bad saying this. but i have found audio osmosis uploaded in torrent files for ppl to download, they came out as .mp3 files i believe.

ok, now that you have bought audio osmosis, i dont feel as bad saying this. but i have found audio osmosis uploaded in torrent files for ppl to download, they came out as .mp3 files i believe.

Hmm, you should feel bad about suggesting it. If I understand torrent correctly, if you are going to download A/O stuff from there, you are, in fact, doing it illegally. While it isn't my place to enforce copyright law, might I suggest that you not use SDN to promote illegal activity, even if it is common, tolerable, and garden-variety?

Thank you.

hmm, i didn't mean to promote illegal downloading, merely stating i saw it online. if someone who owns audio osmosis wishes to download it bc it comes in a .mp3 format, i think it's ok. for others, it's up to their own morals to determine whether or not to download it.

just because i saw someone getting robbed doesnt mean i support it.

hmm, i didn't mean to promote illegal downloading, merely stating i saw it online. if someone who owns audio osmosis wishes to download it bc it comes in a .mp3 format, i think it's ok. for others, it's up to their own morals to determine whether or not to download it.

just because i saw someone getting robbed doesnt mean i support it.

Well, it's a question of ethics, really. You are not only seeing someone "get robbed," but you are, in fact, showing them the blueprints so that they can more easily rob the store. This could be considered aiding and abetting; it makes you a guilty party to the crime.

Isn't it ethically equivalent to give the perp the gun as it is to pull the trigger yourself?

Anyway, I agree that it is a pretty mundane issue, since most folks know about bit torrent already and the individual did buy the CD's. But, just the same, I thought I ought to say something, unofficially.

Well, it's a question of ethics, really. You are not only seeing someone "get robbed," but you are, in fact, showing them the blueprints so that they can more easily rob the store. This could be considered aiding and abetting; it makes you a guilty party to the crime.

Isn't it ethically equivalent to give the perp the gun as it is to pull the trigger yourself?

Anyway, I agree that it is a pretty mundane issue, since most folks know about bit torrent already and the individual did buy the CD's. But, just the same, I thought I ought to say something, unofficially.

hmm i didn't give anyone any blue prints, merely the style that they were downloaded. nor did i give anyone websites to search. but i understand your point, i'll keep it to the DL.

it's okay. . I burned all the files on my ipod already, so I'm all good. I don't have much time to be searching all over the internet for these darn things,, but anyways, I'm set! Thanks y'all!

You do not need a CD burner to import the music onto your ipod. What would be helpful though is an internet connection while ripping the CDs so you can get the track names. All you need to do is open itunes, and insert the CD. Once itunes recognizes that a CD has been inserted it will prompt you to rip the music to your hard drive, as seen in the following screen.

If this does not occur, you can access the CD a different way. The disc will also show up in the left hand pane as illustrated. You can click on it, and then click on the import CD icon that is located on the bottom right hand corner. This is assuming you have the latest version of itunes. You will only be able to get the CD track names if your computer is connected to the internet. I recommend that you are connected to the internet so you don't have to to tag them yourself.

You DON'T need a burner. Ripping is just reading the CD, something all CD drivers do inherently.Hope this helps.

Thank you! It worked! :thumbup: :) I got all 12 CD's on my IPOD!!! :D

I guess I am glad I am not ripping off anybody here, especially Jon and Jordon,,they're two righteous dudes! haha :p