I Asked My Interviewer Out on a Date, HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howardhi

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help, or some advice, seriously. At ##### med. school (I don't want to say the name), my interviewer was a student interviewer who was in her mid-twenties and breathtakingly beautiful! She was so gorgeous. I thought we had a good rapport, and I thought she like, really liked me, more than just in a business way. So as I was getting up from the chair to head out the door of the room where she was doing the interviews, I casually said, "Hey [name of person], maybe if I get accepted we could have dinner." She didn't say anything. She said "What?" I honestly thought she didn't hear me. So I said, "I said would you like to have dinner tonight? I leave tomorrow?" She sort of froze up, then she said, "I have a boyfriend." I wasn't sure if she actually has a boyfriend, or if she was just saying that to seem unavailable. I said, "Oh ok, well pretend I didn't say anything, and just evaluate me fairly. Put in a good word for the admissions committee.
Do you think I'll be negatively affected now, because of what I did? I was just really attracted to her, that's all.

-howard

Members don't see this ad.

haha. stupid move man. not very professional hopefully she'll pretend it didn't happen but there's a good chance she won't. sorry man.
-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
BAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious! Go you!

way out of line given the context, man! lol
she's either gonna think you're a chump, or think you've got the biggest set of balls ever! lol i don't think there'll be any middle ground on this one dude.
good luck.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, not professional at all, my friend, especially since this was one of your interviewers. Your thought process should be focusing on interviewing well and not on scoring.

Better luck next time... with the interview, that is.

Yes, by "negatively affected," I mean "rejection?" I don't know, maybe she was just paralyzed by my advance, and maybe she wasn't expected me to ask her out? Doesn't that ever happen to you? If something unexpected happens, but it's really good, then don't you ever freeze up? I don't know, I think she may forgive me????
Should I try to contact her and apologize before the committe meeting?

Can't you guys tell this kid is trolling you to the max? Just ignore him. :p

howardhi said:
Yes, by "negatively affected," I mean "rejection?" I don't know, maybe she was just paralyzed by my advance, and maybe she wasn't expected me to ask her out? Doesn't that ever happen to you? If something unexpected happens, but it's really good, then don't you ever freeze up? I don't know, I think she may forgive me????
Do NOT contact her, because then she will think you are not only inappropriate, but also a stalker. Just move on, and don't make this mistake again! I think her freezing in place is pretty indicative of a negative reaction.

howardhi said:

NO- DON'T CALL HER!! Damage is done, now you will just have to wait and see how this scenario plays out.

If someone were to ask me out under the same circumstances, I would feel that it was unprofessional and thier goals were in the wrong place. I don't think she was paralyzed... she was most likely embarassed for you and shocked that you would ask her under the circumstances.

Well she wouldn't think I'm a stalker because she gave me her contact info before the interview started. So it's not like she'd think to herself, "Oh my Gosh!!! This guy found me!!" I mean, why else would she have given me her contact info? Uggghhhh,I really wanted to go to that med. school. I was just antsy. She was hot though. Anyone else ever done what I did?

howardhi said:
Hey guys I need some help, or some advice, seriously. At ##### med. school (I don't want to say the name), my interviewer was a student interviewer who was in her mid-twenties and breathtakingly beautiful! She was so gorgeous. I thought we had a good rapport, and I thought she like, really liked me, more than just in a business way. So as I was getting up from the chair to head out the door of the room where she was doing the interviews, I casually said, "Hey [name of person], maybe if I get accepted we could have dinner." She didn't say anything. She said "What?" I honestly thought she didn't hear me. So I said, "I said would you like to have dinner tonight? I leave tomorrow?" She sort of froze up, then she said, "I have a boyfriend." I wasn't sure if she actually has a boyfriend, or if she was just saying that to seem unavailable. I said, "Oh ok, well pretend I didn't say anything, and just evaluate me fairly. Put in a good word for the admissions committee.
Do you think I'll be negatively affected now, because of what I did? I was just really attracted to her, that's all.

-howard
That serioulsy would take a pair. A for effort man...hopefully it wont screw you in the end.

I would have paid money to see this happen....lmao. You do realize you will be an interview story for years to come right? She will tell everybody about it, and your story will be told to all interviewees as what not to do at an interview. Bravo for immortalizing yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously you should have whipped out your Johnson - if it's anything like mine she would have fallen into your arms and written you a stellar recommendation to the committee - definitely keep this in mind for your next interview

howardhi said:
Well she wouldn't think I'm a stalker because she gave me her contact info before the interview started. So it's not like she'd think to herself, "Oh my Gosh!!! This guy found me!!" I mean, why else would she have given me her contact info? Uggghhhh,I really wanted to go to that med. school. I was just antsy. She was hot though. Anyone else ever done what I did?

i once told a colleague she smelled nice. what you did though? can't say that i have.
-mota

howardhi said:

-howard
Dude, I thought I had skills. But YOU are the mack-daddy. :thumbup:

AF_PedsBoy said:
Obviously you should have whipped out your Johnson - if it's anything like mine she would have fallen into your arms and written you a stellar recommendation to the committee - definitely keep this in mind for your next interview
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Works for me!! :eek:

I didn't tell my interviewer she smelled nice, I just asked her out to dinner, and she freaked out! Isn't tjhis a normal gesture?? During the actualy interview I was professional. Should I contact the Dean of Admissions and explain? I've never asked a patient out on a date.

The only thing that could help you is to send a card and only briefly mentioned what had happened.

What you did was unprofessional and was obviously not a good idea. Do not call this girl- that would f-you up even more.

Plus, if she is as beautiful as you make her seem, for all practical purposes she could have been way out of yo' league, chump!

If you were really charasmatic and charmed the lady, dinner would have just been a chance to get to know the school and city a bit better- and she'da gone for it.

Good Luck, hopefully she doesn't hold anything against you.

Funny troll!

I haven't laughed this hard since willthatsall (I think that was his name) posted about sending his shirtless pic in with his secondaries.

howardhi said:
I didn't tell my interviewer she smelled nice, I just asked her out to dinner, and she freaked out! Isn't tjhis a normal gesture?? During the actualy interview I was professional. Should I contact the Dean of Admissions and explain? I've never asked a patient out on a date.

It depends. If the Dean of Admissions is a creepy old man, your efforts might be positively recognized. If he/she is anyone else, you will be digging the hole deeper and deeper.....

TheDarkSide said:
Funny troll!

I haven't laughed this hard since willthatsall (I think that was his name) posted about sending his shirtless pic in with his secondaries.

Hmm, good point. OP, you should post a pic of yourself in this thread so that we can see whether you're hot. ;)

if you haven't emailed her to thank her for the interview yet, then go ahead and do so, and somewhere in there apologize in a FUNNY manner so that she realizes that its not that big of a deal. something along the lines of "sorry about the dinner question, i was just really hungry :) " or something equally lame but you get the point. comedy always serves to lessen the blow of things. if you've already e-mailed her then forget about it and just see what happens.
-mota

TheDarkSide said:
Funny troll!

I'm new to this troll business, but it makes me wonder if fellow SDNers have multiple accounts and post as trolls on the D-L ?? :confused:

QofQuimica said:
Hmm, good point. OP, you should post a pic of yourself in this thread so that we can see whether you're hot. ;)

sorry but wtf were you thinkin...dont try to do damage control...just move on...

i wouldnt try to have any relationship with interviewer outside the interview...thats why when my interviewer was nice enough to offer a ride to the airport since he was headed that direction i kindly thanked him and told him i had prior arrangements...

dont know what to tell ya man...if only i had balls like you did...but hey, everyone messes up sometimes... :thumbdown:

Dude guys, I'm serious here, this isn't an f***ing joke. I don't know, maybe there's a disconnect in my brain, but I don't see how my actions were inappropriate, as you all have been saying. Aren't girls always looking out for Mr. Right. Why would I want to send a pic. of my shirt off?? Dude, that's f***in' stupid-as*.

rock on howard... i would never have the balls to do that in the interview!!! but i think in the end she'll judge you more objectively if anything, not wanting to be as unprofessional as you were!

i did, however, sleep with an admissions officer at a top 15 med school. i can't talk about it at the moment for obvious reasons. no im not lying, i will give details at a later date.

howardhi said:
Dude guys, I'm serious here, this isn't an f***ing joke. I don't know, maybe there's a disconnect in my brain, but I don't see how my actions were inappropriate, as you all have been saying. Aren't girls always looking out for Mr. Right. Why would I want to send a pic. of my shirt off?? Dude, that's f***in' stupid-as*.[/QUOTE]

And asking your interviewer on a date wasn't? Hm...

howardhi said:
Dude guys, I'm serious here, this isn't an f***ing joke. I don't know, maybe there's a disconnect in my brain, but I don't see how my actions were inappropriate, as you all have been saying. Aren't girls always looking out for Mr. Right. Why would I want to send a pic. of my shirt off?? Dude, that's f***in' stupid-as*.

i dont think you're joking. go read post #24 and follow its advice.
-mota

femmedargent said:
rock on howard... i would never have the balls to do that in the interview!!! but i think in the end she'll judge you more objectively if anything, not wanting to be as unprofessional as you were!

i did, however, sleep with an admissions officer at a top 15 med school. i can't talk about it at the moment for obvious reasons. no im not lying, i will give details at a later date.

are you male or female?
-mota

Thanks DaMota, I actually have not emailed her yet. The interview was early last week actually. I'll be pleasantly humorous about the incident. Maybe she'll be able to use her girl-brain and overlook it?

howardhi said:

You'll be fine, there is enough info already posted to rectify the situation if you haven't done so already. It was a funny story though! Next time, if you are insistant, ask for maybe a tour of the [fill in something regarding the school] then, if she is willing move on. But, I would definately not want that sort of stigma attached to my application. They'll see you as one of those Doc's who are always hittin on their secretaries.

howardhi said:

hahahaha. howard, you're a man. don't be ashamed of it, these guys are all a bunch of whipped castrati. as we all know, the ratio of virgins on SDN is far higher than the that of the general populace, and hell, if you can't cross the finish line, you can't win the race.

Sorry that was uncalled for, referring to her acumen as "girl-brain" Sorry, I'm just pissed. I know girls are smart chicks. Like that chick Maryln Vos Savant who has the all-time record of highest IQ, of something like 230 or something crazy like that. Anyways, thanks for the advice and sorry about my sexist comment.

DaMota said:
i dont think you're joking. go read post #24 and follow its advice.
-mota
He was joking, and it was funny. :thumbup: But too many replies in this funny trolls thread spread the joke a little too thin... :thumbdown:

DaMota said:
are you male or female?
-mota
Yeah, and are you hot? post pictures.

femmedargent said:

Was it in the anatomy lab :laugh:

But hey, a score is a score!

More importantly... did you get in?? This may me the strategy we are all missing!

howardhi said:
Thanks DaMota, I actually have not emailed her yet. The interview was early last week actually. I'll be pleasantly humorous about the incident. Maybe she'll be able to use her girl-brain and overlook it?

if this is true it was totally inappropriate and you are socially ******ed if you can't understand why. I would *not* contact her- coming from a female's perspective the damage has been done and she was obviously shocked. Bringing it up again by emailing her just makes you look more weird, if that's even possible.

femmedargent said:
hahahaha. howard, you're a man. don't be ashamed of it, these guys are all a bunch of whipped castrati. as we all know, the ratio of virgins on SDN is far higher than the that of the general populace, and hell, if you can't cross the finish line, you can't win the race.

clearly he can't even get into the race- she rejected his ass with that quick lie about having a boyfriend.

Hey guys I looked through my computer and I do have a cool pic of myself, but I was sort of drunk at the time, How do I post it on here? Anybody?

BerkeleyMD said:
Was it in the anatomy lab :laugh:

But hey, a score is a score!

More importantly... did you get in?? This may me the strategy we are all missing!

no, the entire encounter was completely out of the professional environment. i did know exactly what i was getting myself into, however, still waiting to hear.

emgirl said:
clearly he can't even get into the race- she rejected his ass with that quick lie about having a boyfriend.

au contraire, the race is all but over by the time the exchange occurs- you know as well as I that a woman knows within minutes whether or not she intends to allow herself to be wooed.

he may have lost this time, but you can't win a race you dont even enter. perhaps my analogy was poorly parsed, but you get my meaning.

Attached is a pic of me, it shows my glee and charm

Attachments

• ME.jpg
    ME.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 543
i don't think it's a joke... i wouldn't be surprised, however, if the OP actually had a different screen name that he posts under regularly, and just used the new one to post anonymously... i've thought about doing this before :D

i think the OP's actions were completely out of line... your main purpose at the interview was to show in a professional way that you are worth the school's time and energy (i wouldn't want to say $$ since med school is actually really expensive) to train for the next 4+ years. by asking the interviewer out, you showed that you couldn't put aside your whims and side passions for your future and the school's future. even if the interviewer was friendly enough to respond nicely, you were inappropriately confronting her. from what you said about her reactions, it seems she could have been a bit more professional herself and let you know directly that your question was out of place... instead of blurting out that she already has a boyfriend. :smuggrin:

that said, the story would be totally different if she actually said yes!

femmedargent said:
au contraire, the race is all but over by the time the exchange occurs- you know as well as I that a woman knows within minutes whether or not she intends to allow herself to be wooed.

he may have lost this time, but you can't win a race you dont even enter. perhaps my analogy was poorly parsed, but you get my meaning.

Why do you talk like such a dork? No offense, but you seem to really be trying hard to carry on such "european accent sounding" thread postings. After all, this is a forum.

She knew I could focus in med school because I already said that during the conversation, but I just wanted to spice it up at the end.

howardhi said:

TROLL!!

If you are serious, then SHREK!!

howardhi said:

ok, i can defend a man until he posts a shirtless pic---- you're on your own man. game over.