I cried in front of patients today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Or..."Do you want it quick or do you want it accurate? Your choice."

The fast-food mentality (perpetuated in pharmacy by the use of the drive-thru window) of some folks never ceases to amaze me.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm :( to hear that you had such a bad experience.

Gambatta!!!

Thanks again for all the advice everyone. It's been going a lot better lately, yeah customers are still abusive from time to time but I don't take it so personally anymore. There will always be those customers. It's been a bit difficult for me to gain the confidence I must have in order to be a great pharmacist, but I'm getting there, and getting a little better at what I do each day I think. And yes, I've been understaffed on some occasions but I am getting better at prioritizing and making it clear to pts exactly what they can expect from me when I'm backed up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha ha ha! Thankyou for the Dennis Leary clip...he says out loud what I think inside my head when the "nasty" customers come into my drive-thru/counter.
I have been working a busy chain pharmacy for 2 & 1/2 years, and have developed such a thick skin that the job isn't SO bad anymore. A note to ICECREAM: No matter what customers do/say to you don't forget WHO you are and WHY you became a pharmacist. Feel pity on those nasty customers, because how sad are they to treat a healthcare professional (with a doctorate degree!) with such lack of respect?! Do they speak to their PCPs that way? I doubt it. Keep your head up. It will get better.:)