I did IR now research and am now thinking about DR

Started by azjfrankl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

azjfrankl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did IR research early in medical school and am now considering DR programs. I am most interested in going somewhere that will set me up for a career and academia and am unsure if I will have better/more options applying to DR or IR. My IR research lead to several presentations, a full-length publication in a small journal, a case report in a large journal, and another case report. I also have several other publications from non-radiology research I did earlier. My step 1 score was well over 250 and year 3 is going well so far. Will my lack of DR-specific publications and/or work with other specialties hold me back from top-tier DR interview invites?
 
I did IR research early in medical school and am now considering DR programs. I am most interested in going somewhere that will set me up for a career and academia and am unsure if I will have better/more options applying to DR or IR. My IR research lead to several presentations, a full-length publication in a small journal, a case report in a large journal, and another case report. I also have several other publications from non-radiology research I did earlier. My step 1 score was well over 250 and year 3 is going well so far. Will my lack of DR-specific publications and/or work with other specialties hold me back from top-tier DR interview invites?

No. You'll get plenty of DR interviews at top places.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile