Medical I forgot to list a school on my AMCAS transcript - what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Help! I have already submitted my application but am still "Ready for Review"; they probably won't get to my app until next week. My question is: I completely forgot to put a school down. I withdrew from the extension course, so it's a W. I really did just completely blank - it was not a purposeful omission.

Now my question is, what do I do? Should I contact AMCAS before my application goes Under Review and see if they'll let me add the school and submit the transcript? (it's a verified AMCAS sender so it should send the transcript same day or next business day), and will this cost me my position in the verification queue? Or should I wait until they send me back an Academic Request Change, cause I am sure they will see I am missing a school? I know Academic Request Changes get process semi-fast so I am think if I do this option I could still be verified before June 28th, but if it interrupts my verification queue I probably won't be verified until early July?
What do I do?!?
Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

I recommend you call AMCAS and tell them the problem then overnight the missing transcript to AMCAS ASAP. AMCAS will correct the missing information for you.

Here is a thread that has multiple exchanges about what to do for this scenario. Read to the end for the happy outcome: 2018-2019 AMCAS Application

Members don't see this ad.

I will call them as early as I can on Monday and then overnight my transcript!

Be sure to apologize and take responsibility for the oversight.

They will probably hold your application until the missing transcript shows up and gets checked in. Expect that there will be a delay. But this is a far better outcome than getting an email about the omission after they discover you forgot a transcript.

I will definitely apologize for the oversight. Will this delay my verification to the day they get the transcript?? But I do agree that it's better than them finding the omission, you're right.

I expect your verification will be delayed until after they receive the transcript. Even though it will make no difference in your GPA, they need to set eyes on the evidence. How your position in the verification queue will be affected, I cannot predict. Maybe they will hold your current position, or maybe you will have to start over again. Even if the latter, your application will still be "on time." Please come back and let us know the outcome, if you would.

Just spoke with AMCAS this morning right when their office opened and they were so nice, confirmed that I could send it via Fedex delivery overnight and that hopefully it would get processed before they reached my application before I went Under Review but that even if it didn't they would still see the transcript being "processed" when going through my application. Luckily, I don't think I will lose my position in the verification queue, it just might go on hold if they go to review it and see I am missing a transcript until that transcript is processed.

I will let you know how it goes as it continues on, but thank you for your advice again.

And thanks to you for the update! So far, it's all good news. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Final update! So I overnighted my transcript and they received it. I just got the email this morning that they had processed the transcript (cause I am assuming now that it's because they were reviewing my application). They added the class and everything and I was just verified! So it did not effect my position in the queue and it did not bounce my application back so everything went great! Thanks again so much for your help and I hope if anyone else ever has this issue they can see it worked out okay :)

Great news! Thank you for sharing the final (excellent) outcome so that others can benefit from your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.