Medical Verified on AMCAS but I forgot a transcript from high school - What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was verified on AMCAS a few days ago and all seemed good with my app. However, this morning I was talking to my mom and came to the horrifying realization that I completely forgot two English courses I took at a community college when I was a sophomore in high school (>10 years ago). I completely, 100% forgot this ever happened. The extreme irony here is I got an "A" in both classes and actually somehow won the department award for literature.

Since then, the college shut down, so I'm trying to see if my transcript still exists. But now, what do I do? AMCAS already verified my application. Will this cause me to be withdrawn from the cycle?

I am beyond horrified and embarrassed this happened. I've worked incredibly hard on my application and cannot believe I forgot about these classes I took when I was 14.
You need to see what AMCAS's policies are on a CC that doesn't exist anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: I found this in the Applicant Guide:

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 9.09.33 PM.png

So if my transcript exists, I definitely should have sent it in. I am waiting for the registrar's office of a neighboring CC (which has the old files of my old CC) to tell me if I have a transcript or not. If I do have a transcript, what do I do?
I just got sent the transcript from the CC that took over the original CC. I actually got an A+ in both classes (English classes). But now I have a transcript that wasn't transmitted when AMCAS sent my app out. What do I do?

@Catalystik @gonnif I saw some old posts where you advised people dealing with similar major mistakes. I wondered what you thought I should do? I forgot to include a transcript from a CC where I took two English classes when I was 14 (10 years ago). I completely forgot this ever happened and only realized last week. I didn't think I had a transcript and the old CC shut down, but I was able to get a transcript from another CC who took over their records. I got an A+ in two classes, I would have of course included this, but I completely forgot. I can't believe I forgot about this and am panicking as to how it will affect my cycle. My app has already been verified and transmitted to some schools.
Gonnif does not have access to this area of the forum. I have no better advice then that he gave on the thread you found, which might be this one: 2018-2019 AMCAS Application

If you want to discuss this further with him, you'll have to post in the main forum.

I'm sorry for the stress you're undergoing due to this mistake, especially when submitting the transcript would have been in your favor, but it is totally understandable that you'd forget something from so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.