I get sick when I'm around my girlfriend):

Started by CDD21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CDD21

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to be perfectly fine talking to girls that I liked more than a year ago. Last year I took this beautiful girl to homecoming with me and that's where it all started. The day of homecoming last year changed the way I am around the one I like. Don't get me wrong all guys get nervous around the one they like. I was nervous but it was taken to a further extent. We went to homecoming, before we left my house to go to the dance I got overwhelmed with a nauseous feeling. It was so bad that I couldn't move! Ever since that night I've always felt nauseous around the one I like. Yes, I have thrown up from it but only a few times of the multiple times that have come up. For the past year since homecoming, I've always been sick when I'm around the one I like. Now that I have a girlfriend, I thought that I would outgrow it. That's not the case. it still comes up at any given time and I have to step out. It kills the mood and I'm really starting to hate myself when that feeling comes up. PLEASE HELP ME):
 
OP sounds trollish, but oh well....What type of advice do you want? 1) Drugs? 2) Psychological? 3) Others who have overcome this condition?

1) Phenergan, Zofran, Reglan, and benzodiazepines.

2) Counseling for anxiety/relational disorders

3) Unknown
 
2) Counseling for anxiety/relational disorders please. I'm glad you asked, it's not trollish. Honestly though this feeling needs to go away when I am around her and I need to get rid of this feeling!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2) Counseling for anxiety/relational disorders please. I'm glad you asked, it's not trollish. Honestly though this feeling needs to go away when I am around her and I need to get rid of this feeling!
You may consider posting your experience/questions in the psychology forum/section. I'm just a nurse who's going to medical school next year. Your community should have counseling resources, or your insurance plan (if you have insurance) should maintain a list of counselors covered by your policy.

I hope it's not just some perfume or care product your girlfriend is wearing.