I got accepted!!! But...can I ask to extend the offer deadline???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbonilla51

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Wow, it's been a while since I last logged in XD. Anyway, I feel super excited as I got my first acceptance offer from a DPT school! After a year's worth of waiting (2nd time applying in a cycle), all of my efforts have provided fruition. Now, then, you may be wondering why I want to extend the deadline offer if I'm so stoked about the admissions offer.

This university supposedly would send decisions by February. As a result, they really surprised me when they sent me an admissions offer by mid-January. Consequently, I have up until February 11 to provide them my final decision regarding their offer. Not to mention that they will hold an open house for selected applicants between February 7-8.

My issue is that I've recently done other interviews from 2 other schools, and I've yet to hear back from the remaining schools regarding their final decisions. In addition, I was talking to an applicant during one of the schools I visited, and she told me she was going to do so because she had already received some offers as well.

While I did apply to 11 schools this year, there are about 2-3 universities of equal interest that should get back to me soon. And so, that got me thinking. Has anyone in the forum ever done this before? Or has anyone done the "inverse" of it: ask the schools to provide more or less my status due to another school offering me admissions? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what school you got the offer? I would wait a little bit since you still have until the 11th of feb. :)

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what school you got the offer? I would wait a little bit since you still have until the 11th of feb. :)

Sure! I got the admissions offer from Old Dominion University. And thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on admittance into ODU! I too was accepted into the program and am curious about the facilities and faculty if you could share any insight? I will be unable to attend the open house on February 8th due to conflicting circumstances, but am quite interested in the program.