I Got In!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMED99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT IN!!!! I got the call about two hours ago! Someone dropped out the first week of class and they called me!!!! Just goes to show you crazy stuff happens!

Anyway, thanks guys for all the support and hang in there if you were like me and had to wait to get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, PMed99 :clap: if you don't mind sharing, which school did you get accepted to?

Wow, that's good to hear. Congrats :D

Woohoo! Congratulations! :clap:

Wow, that is awesome! Better later than never! :)

Congrats, that really is good news. I know that where I am at someone dropped out two days into orientation.

PMED99 said:
I FINALLY GOT IN!!!! I got the call about two hours ago! Someone dropped out the first week of class and they called me!!!! Just goes to show you crazy stuff happens!

Anyway, thanks guys for all the support and hang in there if you were like me and had to wait to get in.

All I can say is ........WOW, many congrats. Now it's scramble time to get everything in order. Good luck and have fun!!!

I got into Mercer School of Medicine. Cool thing is that I am living in Macon already, and was applying ED to MUSM. So, I am already settled in and know my way around town.

I do have a lot of catching up to do.

Best part is, I dont have to be OCD about checking email, snail mail, or the boards anymore.

Thank yall

Congratulations! :clap: :clap:

Quick! Go buy a lottery ticket or two before the good fortune runs dry!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Your grandfather G.M. Phillippi, M.D. is smiling in heaven knowing his grandson is following in his footsteps. You will be as fine a family practioner as he was and we are all so very proud of you!

Holy crap man, lucky break! How bumed must have you been about not getting in and then you get a call a week after school starts?!?

Pretty awesome, I'm actually pumped for you!

You always gotta have hope. Without hope, life is meaningless.

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

Now I hope that a girl I admire breaks up with her boyfriend.

You don't hear Julie complaining, all the time. - Ali G

I may have mis-spelled family practice but anyway I am very proud of my son who will be the finest rural family physician ever. His grandfather was a Vanderbilt graduate and a resident at Johns Hopkins who went on to be a fine internist. I know that he is so very proud of his grandson. He went to his Vanderbilt Medical class re-union before his death and I only wish he had been able to tell his fellow classmates of his grandson's acceptance into his first choice medical school, Mercer University Medical School Class of 2008. I can't help but feel somewhat sad that my son's grandfather was not able to hear the news of his grandson's acceptance into his #1 choice of medical school . He has, during this application cycle found a physician who has been his mentor and even a substitute for his grandfather and one of the finest physicians that my son or I have ever known. And for this I am forever grateful.

PMED99 said:
I got into Mercer School of Medicine. Cool thing is that I am living in Macon already, and was applying ED to MUSM. So, I am already settled in and know my way around town.

I do have a lot of catching up to do.

Best part is, I dont have to be OCD about checking email, snail mail, or the boards anymore.

Thank yall

LOL, awesome.

Good luck with everything!

PMED99 said:

Do you have a girlfriend? I know it makes me sound shallow, but just knowing that you are future MD makes me want you (assuming you're not totally unfortunate looking). In case you're interested, I'm 5'7", 125 lbs., C cup, long brown hair.

Innocent Girl said:
Do you have a girlfriend? I know it makes me sound shallow, but just knowing that you are future MD makes me want you (assuming you're not totally unfortunate looking). In case you're interested, I'm 5'7", 125 lbs., C cup, long brown hair.

this does sound like a very um...well i know what everyone else is thinking. i just hope this is a joke.

uclabruin2003 said:
this does sound like a very um...well i know what everyone else is thinking. i just hope this is a joke.

It's no joke. You can judge me if you want, but I know what I want.

Good to know you have a C cup. If your looking for a boyfriend, maybe you should start your own thread........

dfn27 said:
Good to know you have a C cup. If your looking for a boyfriend, maybe you should start your own thread........

I thought about that, but this isn't exactly the "personals" forum. I decided that posting to this thread would be slightly less inappropriate. Plus, I'm a Southerner, and the OP is from the South. A girls gotta have her standards.

Innocent Girl said:
It's no joke. You can judge me if you want, but I know what I want.

Come on up to the Nati and we can grab a few drinks... :D

Fermata said:
You stole JunkInTheTrunk's avatar. :mad:

I am new to this forum, so I didn't know that someone else was already using it. Besides, these things are free to download by anyone and I really liked this one.

DocMizzle said:
Come on up to the Nati and we can grab a few drinks... :D

That sounds cool. I'm a Southerner at heart, but I always like to try new things. Are there any cool schools up there that are friendly to out-of-staters?

That's real love right there :(

Blake said:
That's real love right there :(

Well, you can't expect me to just hang around all day waiting for the OP, now can you?

Anyway, it's not like we're talking about marriage here, just a few drinks.

Is anyone else just a little unnerved by this thread?

principessa said:
Is anyone else just a little unnerved by this thread?

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR This thread will not stand.

Dr Dean said:
ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR This thread will not stand.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion this thread is lounge-bound....

Innocent Girl said:
That sounds cool. I'm a Southerner at heart, but I always like to try new things. Are there any cool schools up there that are friendly to out-of-staters?

Sure, if you have pretty good stats both UC and OSU take out-of-state, and both are great schools!

Um...Wow. I guess.

Ill take your offer as a "way to go"

Innocent Girl said:

im giong to med school in 2008. ill be a good investment :)

Innocent Girl said:
Purrrrrrrrrrrr. You look cute. ;)

Why thank you. MEEEEEOWWWWWWWW!

This is so wrong people!

I think it is funny...:)

This reminds me of when I interviewed at Wash U. We were all standing in the office waiting to sign in, and there was only one male applicant in the room, and he looked kind of nervous. Then this med student came up behind him and said, with a wink, "Hey, ladies, this guy's gonna be a doctor!"

principessa said:
This reminds me of when I interviewed at Wash U. We were all standing in the office waiting to sign in, and there was only one male applicant in the room, and he looked kind of nervous. Then this med student came up behind him and said, with a wink, "Hey, ladies, this guy's gonna be a doctor!"

I don't get it.

Fermata said:
I don't get it.

I'm sorry. The med student said it with a tone like, "Now, isn't this guy attractive and wouldn't you like to date him since he's going to be a doctor?" But all of the women in the room were going to be doctors too, and they certainly weren't there to find doctor husbands.

principessa said:
I'm sorry. The med student said it with a tone like, "Now, isn't this guy attractive and wouldn't you like to date him since he's going to be a doctor?" But all of the women in the room were going to be doctors too, and they certainly weren't there to find doctor husbands.

And?

Most female doctors tend to marry other docs/professional type people.

I'm sure he was only kidding.

Of course he was kidding. That's what made it funny - to me, at least. I guess you just had to be there.

principessa said:
Of course he was kidding. That's what made it funny - to me, at least. I guess you just had to be there.

you're cute :)

kaikai128 said:
I think it is funny...:)

This thread is dead hilarious!!

Hey, innocent girl, i know some future MD/PhD's , would you be interested, because i could make arrangements?

haha..I heart this thread. MD/PhD sounds good to me! :D ;)

MDtoBe777 said:
haha..I heart this thread. MD/PhD sounds good to me! :D ;)

are you a female?

Yup. Are you male?