I Got Into Med School!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbdancn00

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I GOT INTO DREXEL!!!!!!!..

It's my first ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo stoked, and i'm going to get sooo hammered tonight.

I'm still in shock and in tears.......

Couple of things..

1. Screw verbal on the MCAT
2. If you believe in yourself and what you want it will come
3. Be yourself; don't try to fit some sort of pre-med mold, be passionate about anything and everything you get into. If you want to get involved with something, do it because you want to, not because someone told you to.

Good luck to everyone else on interviews and acceptance. I'm still waiting on interviews too!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

just some additional info..

GPA: 3.53, BCPM: 3.46

MCAT: 6V 12P 12B S

EC's: Lots of teaching, volunteering, started company, etc.

Interviewed on 10/24
Accepted on 11/14
Found out on 11/19

if you guys have more questions...let me know!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

This goes to show that a low verbal score is not the end of the world. Way to go!

Originally posted by ucbdancn00
just some additional info..

GPA: 3.53, BCPM: 3.46

MCAT: 6V 12P 12B S

EC's: Lots of teaching, volunteering, started company, etc.

Interviewed on 10/24
Accepted on 11/14
Found out on 11/19

if you guys have more questions...let me know!!

you are my newest hero!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You must be so relieved. :clap:

My heartfelt Congratulations, A

:) :clap: :clap: :)

:hardy: Go celebrate! You deserve it! I had fun showing you good ol' chicago 2 weeks ago! :)

Congrats ucb! :clap: I'll be glad to help (as best I can since I'm still a newcomer) with any Philly questions.

btw, I wonder if your :cool: writing sample score might have come into play for once to offset the 6?

Hey ucb,

Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm so proud of you and I'm happy that you've made it into drexel . . you're going to be a doctor! :clap: :D :clap:

Right now, I think that's the most beautiful feeling in the world. I'm in my first year of med school and I *still* have those moments of complete awe when I realize, "wow, I'm going to be a doctor." It's incredible - I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

on a side note, just curious if you were a bfc labbie in berkeley . . . ? ;)

yo buddy!

congrats!!! you did it man..i'll be seeing you at the bars tonight..

woot! woot! congrats, ucbdancn00 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats, just wonderful to hear that getting in med school isn't all about a multiple choice section on passages that are of no interest whatsoever.

:clap:

well....even though you DID steal my avatar....CONGRATS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go ucbdancn00!!!
you give us low verbal people a reason to go to the mailbox!
CONGRATS!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
streetdoc

WOOT WOOT! Congrats :clap:

Congrats and Good Luck !!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

reading posts like yours makes me so excited and i'm not even applying till next year ! it must be an amazing feeling.... take your time and enjoy it! :) congratulations !!! :clap:

CONGRATS!!!! :clap: :) :clap: :) :clap:

I also interviewed at drexel 3 weeks ago. I hope this means a letter is on the way.:)

Congratulations!!!

I'm a first-year IFM'er at Drexel... if you have any questions, feel free to PM me... but be forewarned that you are going to get a seriously positively biased :) opinion of DUCOM.

-ttac