I Got Into U Cinci (out Or Stater)!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applehead96

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys. I have not really been following sdn for a couple months now just bc I had lost hope. I was on 3 WLs: U Cinci, NYMC and SLU. Just today, I got a call from U Cincinnati, offering me a place in their class. And to my great surprise, they offer the deferral option!! So I am going to defer for one year... Just want to share my news so that those who are on WLs keep hope alive!

applehead :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Yep yep hurry!!! Congratulations on your acceptances!!! It's time to boogie clapies!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wow! congrats :clap: i didnt' know waitlists moved this late in the year. It's awesome that you have the chance to defer. That will prolly give someone else on the waitlist a chance too.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats....enjoy your year off :clap:

Thanks everyone.
For those who are interested, my stats were GPA: 3.5, MCAT 28M
I was a CA resident and didn't think my chances were so good since U Cinci isn't really known to accept a lot of out of staters. And, looking at their brochure, there are only about 3 or 4 students in each class who came from a UC school (i.e. Berkeley, Davis, LA). Hope this helps!
apple

Congratulations! I am an in-stater and couldn't get in :( But, maybe this year! Congrats again!

Congrats, that rocks!!! Now you cn relax for an entire year with no worries! :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! That's awesome you got in, and really awesome you get to defer!!! Enjoy your year, and here come more clappies!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congtrats! I'm a first year and if you have any q's email me. This school is great, the faculty is wonderful, and you will have a great time. They have really invested in the school and are starting to remodel everything. Couldn't be better for me. I also had accepts for several others (including SLU and UCP) but turned them down for Cincinnati.

Congrats!

hey, congrats!
Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing for the next year?

Wow!! Good job!! Congratulations! Yeah, what are you planning on doing for your year off? Sound like a dream... :clap: :) :D ;) :cool:

woo-hoo. congrats, applehead. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guess I missed this one the first time around..

:clap: :clap:
Congratulations! YOu get to be an MD and take a year off. WOw, that is so awesome for them to allow it THIS late in the game. I was told in May by a school that "deferrals were less likely at this time of year since we are trying to solidify our class"

Go applehead! haha, that sounds funny. :)

Thank you again for the kind words.

I was also surprised when U Cinci said they offer the deferral. I guess I was lucky, or that UC is very generous about it.

For those interested in what i'm doing during my year off. I've been working this past year at a pharmaceutical advertising company and am learning a lot about the drugs and the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry in general. It's been very cool and I plan to continue for the next year. Although, my friends tell me to travel and sit on my ass just bc I won't be able to do it again, ever! So, I'll try to take 2 months off b4 school starts to travel and just veg out!!

When I was in college, I was in a huge rush to get it all done, med school, residency,...as soon as possible. But, I'm glad that I took a year off to work. I feel that it gave me a better perspective on life, my goals, and my priorities. Now, I'm happy to be in more of a 'slow motion,' 'enjoy the scenery' mode...

thanks again everybody for your support and best wishes in your endeavors...

p.s. TysonCook, Thank you for your help. I'll definitely PM you soon!

apple
:D