I Hate Christmas. The 2011 Annual Edition.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another year. The same damn songs. I swear to God, whoever choses the music that is played in my pharmacy is on my permanent, all-time **** list. Like...Pitt...people that buy foreign cars...Steve Jobs...the dude that shot MLK...Hitler, I guess...even though he hasn't really wronged me directly...but anyway, its an exclusive elite list of *******s. And the ******* that chooses the songs played in my pharmacy is on the list. If I hear Frank Sinatra tell me its cold outside one more damn time I'm setting the William Penn National Forest on fire to warm the entire outside up enough to get him to shut the hell up. STOP PLAYING CHRISTMAS SONGS. THEY GNAW AT MY SKULL LIKE A BRAIN PARASITE.

I went out today to try to buy some K-cups for my coffee maker. You ****ing *******s bought all of the sleepytime tea. How the hell am I supposed to go to sleep now? Do they make Ambien K-Cups? No, of course not. While I'm at it, why the **** is everyone buying each other a ****ing coffee maker for Christmas? I saw like 14 people in line with their stack of 20% off coupons at bed bath and beyond holding that damned mr coffee keurig brewer.

But back to my tea, I had to Amazon Prime that ****. Seriously. This is supposed to be a recession. As in, I should be able to buy my stupid little unit dose tea thingy because everyone else isn't buying **** in general. But noooooo...we have a month set aside where everyone goes ape**** buying crap for each other they don't need. Your ****ing kid doesn't need an iPad. Half of Americans are legally considered poor for Christ's sake, yet this damned annual charade continues. Stop not acting poor, America. I don't give a **** what time of the year it is. Continuing this constant consumerist **** is what got us all into trouble in the first place.

What else has annoyed me.

Oh, right, the douchebag with the lights. There is this ******* on Butler Pike up here in my neck of the woods that has this gargantuan light display. This thing is ridiculous. However I could attempt to describe it doesn't do its ridiculousness justice. His electricity bill could probably feed an African village for a week. That's probably not an exaggeration.

Well, the SOB decided to live on a busy road that happens to be on my way to work. Somehow, some way, this public nuisance has his own road signs and crossing guards at night. So every night I'm sitting there trying to get to work and all of the local ******s that are still amused after their 30th or 50th or whateverth Christmas by blinking lightbulbs are slowing down, pulling over, parking, pulling into traffic, crossing the road, etc ,etc. I've had enough. I started screaming obscenities at these asshats from my car to get the hell out of the road a few times last week. And why do I have to deal with this ****? Christmas. Why the hell do you people do the same **** every year? Why don't you get tired of it? It's unnatural! Christmas lights are stupid! Blah!

To hell with this damned holiday. Let's be clear. It's not a real holiday in the first place. It's totally made up whether or not you believe in a specific religion or religions. It's a borrowed, synthetic tradition that is filled with Pagan symbolism (this fact actually cracks me up more than anything.) At this point, all its doing is making people go further into debt spending money they don't have on **** nobody needs. I know that it's a boon for narcotics sales. I've never seen Percocet fly off the shelves of my narc safe like I have the last few weeks. People need to be high as hell to tolerate this ****, I guess.

We just need to cancel this **** for *one* year. That's all I'm asking. Let's just not do it one year. I guaran****ingtee you that everybody would love December so much more that Christmas would be relegated to being a third tier holiday. It would be like Ash Wednesday or something (which is a much more symbolically important Christian holiday, mind you...but people don't spend money for absolutely no reason that day, so American Christians haven't been brainwashed to make it seem important.)

But, alas, I know it won't happen. Thankfully, the new job has really let me stay away from Christmas everything. Sleep all day...go to work...come home...sleep...get up...go to work...continue not being exposed to xmas crap...come home...repeat. My week off, unfortunately, is torturous whenever I leave the house...but it is much more tolerable when I don't have to interact with other humans during the work week. I find myself much less depressed because of it.

But anyway, what's my point? As usual, Christmas sucks and if you cheerfully celebrate Christmas you are a social pariah. Celebrate Boxing Day instead.

I hope all of your Christmas trees burn down and everyone that's ever released a Christmas album gets throat cancer.
 
how-to-draw-rage-face,-rage-face-tutorial-drawing.jpg
 
Sir I wanna buy these shoes for my Momma please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry Sir?
Daddy says there's not much time
You see, she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes will make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful
If Momma meets Jesus, tonight.

Just for you. I love christmas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sir I wanna buy these shoes for my Momma please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry Sir?
Daddy says there's not much time
You see, she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes will make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful
If Momma meets Jesus, tonight.

Just for you. I love christmas.

So the dude's mother is dying and he choses to spend what might be her last few hours living going around trying to find a pair of shoes? What a jackass. This is exactly what is wrong with this stupid ass holiday in a nutshell. Thank you for helping me prove my point.
 
We can only get one station in the pharmacy where I work, and every day, they play excerpts from kids' Christmas concerts (this is a small town). The grade-schoolers are singing "Deck The Halls" with the word "gay" omitted. They sing it "Don we now our a-apparel......"

🙄

p.s. Greg Lake's "Father Christmas" is not a Christmas song any more than Extreme's "More Than Words" is a love song suitable for weddings.
 
We can only get one station in the pharmacy where I work, and every day, they play excerpts from kids' Christmas concerts (this is a small town). The grade-schoolers are singing "Deck The Halls" with the word "gay" omitted. They sing it "Don we now our a-apparel......"

🙄

p.s. Greg Lake's "Father Christmas" is not a Christmas song any more than Extreme's "More Than Words" is a love song suitable for weddings.

You are almost up to 1,000 posts.
 
Oh, right, the douchebag with the lights. There is this ******* on Butler Pike up here in my neck of the woods that has this gargantuan light display. This thing is ridiculous. However I could attempt to describe it doesn't do its ridiculousness justice. His electricity bill could probably feed an African village for a week. That's probably not an exaggeration.

Is this the guy whose house is right by/under 309? I effing hate this tool. People can park their cars on the side of a BUSY ROAD, get out, and meander through his front yard to look at the lights. Meanwhile, if you're driving, you might risk HITTING A PERSON trying to walk across this BUSY ROAD. Also, I'm pretty sure they've attached a "donations" box to their mailbox so that these meandering suckers can help pay their massive electricity bill. I'm no Scrooge, but I really hate these f*****s. :diebanana:
 
Is this the guy whose house is right by/under 309? I effing hate this tool. People can park their cars on the side of a BUSY ROAD, get out, and meander through his front yard to look at the lights. Meanwhile, if you're driving, you might risk HITTING A PERSON trying to walk across this BUSY ROAD. Also, I'm pretty sure they've attached a "donations" box to their mailbox so that these meandering suckers can help pay their massive electricity bill. I'm no Scrooge, but I really hate these f*****s. :diebanana:

YES!!!

I am a Scrooge. And I'm going to burn his house down!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well
why are you Hating this festival.
It is great festival all over the world.
 
We can only get one station in the pharmacy where I work, and every day, they play excerpts from kids' Christmas concerts (this is a small town). The grade-schoolers are singing "Deck The Halls" with the word "gay" omitted. They sing it "Don we now our a-apparel......"

🙄

p.s. Greg Lake's "Father Christmas" is not a Christmas song any more than Extreme's "More Than Words" is a love song suitable for weddings.

Since when did gay become a taboo word? That is just messed up.
 
Since when did gay become a taboo word? That is just messed up.

Since its meaning changed, I guess. At the same time, there is no way in hell a bunch of 3rd graders or whatever can keep a straight face singing that line. I guarantee it. I could see it being like that for that reason, too.

I'm imagining a bunch of grade school kids.."And now we don out gay apparel.."and they take of their winter coats...the boys wearing Prada...the girls wearing a Carhardt work jacket and combat boots. That **** would be so wonderfully offensive.

But either way, its a stupid song.
 
Since its meaning changed, I guess. At the same time, there is no way in hell a bunch of 3rd graders or whatever can keep a straight face singing that line. I guarantee it. I could see it being like that for that reason, too.

I'm imagining a bunch of grade school kids.."And now we don out gay apparel.."and they take of their winter coats...the boys wearing Prada...the girls wearing a Carhardt work jacket and combat boots. That **** would be so wonderfully offensive.

But either way, its a stupid song.

Holiday Time is for Children. If you don't have children you probably don't care too much about Christmas.
 
Maybe he should submit a complaint about the music on the grounds of being atheist. I wonder if that would fly?

I can only stand about a week of it...

WVU, can you turn the music down? We have a little dial on the ceiling. 😉
 
Maybe he should submit a complaint about the music on the grounds of being atheist. I wonder if that would fly?

Perhaps. But then they would all know I'm an atheist. I've been "out" at work before. People treat you very strangely. Though I'm in a major metro area now...so maybe it wouldn't be that bad.



WVU, can you turn the music down? We have a little dial on the ceiling. 😉

Good idea...but I'm pretty sure the district manager would kick me in the junk or something if I did that.
 
If you had children your attitude would be completely different.

Its so cute how people think they know people they don't know.

I hated xmas as a freaking child...I'm not religious...not to mention I have no intention of having children, anyway...xmas sucks in and of itself, which is all that really matters when discussing the suck factor of the day in question...no, I'm pretty sure than I will never like the holiday under any normal circumstance. Maybe if I win the powerball and it just so happens to be dec 25th.
 
I'm was oncall on thanksgiving and will be oncall christmas. I agree that holidays are nothing special and its just another excuse for me to get together with family. I just don't understand people who are depressed to be working the holidays. Yeah, I know it comes only once a year but you can hang with your family or go to family gatherings any day of the year. I think holidays were created to boost people's morale and to increase spending which is good for the economy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love holidays. What's better than getting paid overtime to do less work than a normal day? Plus free food in the cafeteria. Not good food, but still free.

I volunteer to work almost every holiday, and this is pretty much exactly why. 👍
 
I've always loved the winter holidays, at least I did on the East Coast. Here in Texas, there's no real change in weather. We're still having weather in the 70's here. In Virginia, with the cold and the snow, it seemed like people calmed down, acted a little bit nicer.

I'm not a religious person, but I like the idea of taking a day to shut up, think about your previous year, go out of your way to think about other people (for those people who don't do this on a regular basis), and think about how to make the next year better. :shrug:
 
Holiday Time is for Children. If you don't have children you probably don't care too much about Christmas.

That is the most ridiculous bull**** statement in this thread aside from the fact that Mikey talking about tea makes me think he is getting a little hipster-ish on us.

Seriously, though. Why do some people with kids think they are so much better than everyone else or think they deserve to get the holidays off simply because they have procreated? Every ****ing year some coworkers of mine begs and pleads to switch days with me so they can have thanksgiving or christmas off because of their kids. WTF? Like I don't need to have it off because I don't have kids yet? Not to mention when people ask for Valentine's Day off because they want to spend it with their husbands and wives or whatever. What?! Helloooo I have been in a relationship longer than some people have been married. Just because my stupid ass backwards state does not let it become legally recognized doesn't mean it is any less important or "real".

You (the general "you") knew when you took a job at a hospital that you would be rotating holidays! Quit yer whining! :meanie:
 
"Normal" people do, huh? So that's why the world's problems are solved?

I sort of see Mikey's point here. When Christmas comes around, people like to pretend that they are so generous and kind yet they are trampling over people at the Best Buy to buy a 200 dollar TV. Why does it take a special holiday to make people want to be nice and generous to one another? It's like one of the most hypocritical things ever?

People should try to be good people year round.
 
That is the most ridiculous bull**** statement in this thread aside from the fact that Mikey talking about tea makes me think he is getting a little hipster-ish on us.

Seriously, though. Why do some people with kids think they are so much better than everyone else or think they deserve to get the holidays off simply because they have procreated? Every ****ing year some coworkers of mine begs and pleads to switch days with me so they can have thanksgiving or christmas off because of their kids. WTF? Like I don't need to have it off because I don't have kids yet? Not to mention when people ask for Valentine's Day off because they want to spend it with their husbands and wives or whatever. What?! Helloooo I have been in a relationship longer than some people have been married. Just because my stupid ass backwards state does not let it become legally recognized doesn't mean it is any less important or "real".

You (the general "you") knew when you took a job at a hospital that you would be rotating holidays! Quit yer whining! :meanie:

So this would be your contribution to being a good person?
 
Sleepytime tea is hipster? But everyone loves sleepytime. Its the best tea celestial seasons makes. Hence it was out of stock. I thought hipster tea would be some artisanal, free trade crap that tastes like ass.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this would be your contribution to being a good person?

Funny. But no, that would be my yearly complaint about people trying to get out of working holidays and then getting mad when things don't work out.

I'm cool with Christmas though. Fun times. Food, friends, family...all that stuff. Just wish out happened all the time and not just one day out of the year. I also hate shopping but this year I have made full use of my Amazon Prime account. It hasn't been so bad. At least I'm not fighting for parking at the mall.
 
Funny. But no, that would be my yearly complaint about people trying to get out of working holidays and then getting mad when things don't work out.

I'm cool with Christmas though. Fun times. Food, friends, family...all that stuff. Just wish out happened all the time and not just one day out of the year. I also hate shopping but this year I have made full use of my Amazon Prime account. It hasn't been so bad. At least I'm not fighting for parking at the mall.

Amazon Prime is the ****.

So backing up, today my dad tells me he wants a k cup maker for xmas. Literally days after I questioned wtf is going on. So that said...WTF is going on? Is coffee the tickle me elmo of 2011?

I bought a refurb cuisinart ss700 off of ebay...$108 shipped...$215 with tax new at local stores. The regular world is getting its ass whooped.
 
Just got around to reading my store email. Apparently, everyone that is a full time rph gets double pay for all hours worked starting 6pm 12/24 through the end of the 25th. So that means I will be getting 15 hours of double pay time. Plus 8 hours of holiday pay. Basically, I will be getting like $2000 to work one day.

At least I'm gonna get paid over this idiocy.
 
Amazon Prime is the ****.

So backing up, today my dad tells me he wants a k cup maker for xmas. Literally days after I questioned wtf is going on. So that said...WTF is going on? Is coffee the tickle me elmo of 2011?

I bought a refurb cuisinart ss700 off of ebay...$108 shipped...$215 with tax new at local stores. The regular world is getting its ass whooped.

I think you're on to something there. Coffee and snuggies, apparently. I went to buy a certain snuggie off Amazon and it was sold out. I was like, REALLY?! That many people want a snuggie? Then I saw the snuggie commercial on TV in the middle of a football game; then it all came together for me. So, without the snuggie, I looked into other options. I found a product that makes snuggie look like the generic dollar store version. Behold http://www.theslanket.com/