i hate non-trads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by conure
I'm a bald non-trad. Why do you hate me? Does the glare off the top of my head blind you during lecture?:p

:laugh: Power to ya for not doing the comb-over! :clap:

Actually, I love baldies! ;) My b-friend's thinning as we speak!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by dpark74
Thank you...it's called deodorant.:p

ROFL!! People on SDN are so funny and clever!:laugh: :clap:

Hello? anyone how old do you have to be to be 'non-trad'?

I'm really interested?!?!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
LoL TweetieBird

Thanx for explaining to the kid what some of us Non Traditionals have to deal with (Kids,Jobs,Family)

Poloace LOL

"Grow A Sack" hehe I laughed at this one, from my experience I have had a better atmosphere in a class filled with nontrad students. When I was getting my Business Degree it was full of older people who had interesting life experiences and problems in their lives that made my worries about getting laid seem minascule. To me it was a learning experience because the students had a laid back approach to school and made me relize why we go to school. Now I am that Non trad student who has put everything behind me that I have accomplished and is starting all over something not easly done. I can sit here and badmouth the new fish but I wont because it's all about the perspective we have. When I was a kid I had a different perspective on issues until I lived them I didn't understand and see the big picture till I grew up.:idea:

Originally posted by Cerberus
I was referring to the perfume that smells eerily similar to grandmas

:laugh: :laugh: That's so hella true!!!:laugh: :laugh:
Sometimes, their perfumes are so strong (~150 proofs) that I just wanna die when I'm in the same elevator!

As a non-trad maybe my resume will look a tad bit more attractive after med school since I earned 6 years of work experience while you were still in high school.

:p

I am definately a non-trad!!!! no doubt about it....however, I must protest as to the reasons for asking questions during lecture time. While I wouldn't dream of doing it in a larger class, I do feel comfortable asking questions in my grad. classes of 10 or so students. My reasons for asking questions are NOT to brown nose or in any way try to impress ANYONE. There is a part of me that is terribly frightened that I might NOT MAKE IT against all my younger classmates who appear to take their schoolwork in stride. My questions are questions of DESPERATION....because I'm not always able to tell what concepts I really need to know, and those that I can let pass by.

Another point though, is that I fit in best with the younger students. My friends and my study partners are ALL of the younger crowd. Personally I find my non-trad. counterparts stuffy and boring so perhaps I'm not as "non-trad" as I think.

A nontrad is:

1) Anyone over 25 trying to get into medical school

2) Anyone with a spouse trying to get into medical school

3) Anyone with a child or children trying to get into medical school

4) Anyone trying to get into medical school after being rejected 3 times previously

5) Anyone who took the MCAT more than 4 times to get a decent score

I qualify for the first three!!!

Originally posted by PluckyDuk8
I took bio in the summer, and there were a few non-trad. students. In addition, there was one guy who was a high-school bio teacher who wanted to take the quarter on genetics in order to be updated on new information. Talk about messing up the curve! (and no he didn't audit). Luckily he didn't speak up much in class, and when he did he asked good questions. Oh btw, don't you just hate those people who get 98/100 on orgo exams, especially when the average is a 60?

don't h8 the playa...just be the one making the 100/100 on the orgo exam instead of whining about it. What, would you like everyone to be the average 60? No. That isn't how orgo works, that isn't how life works. goodness..

Originally posted by pathdr2b
A nontrad is:

1) Anyone over 25 trying to get into medical school

2) Anyone with a spouse trying to get into medical school

3) Anyone with a child or children trying to get into medical school

4) Anyone trying to get into medical school after being rejected 3 times previously

5) Anyone who took the MCAT more than 4 times to get a decent score

or someone that is a teenager and trying to get into med school..if that isn't non trad, I dont know what is

No I didn't "hate" the students who got 98/100 on orgo exams.....I tried to be one of them!:)

You guys seem awfully quick to generalize - not a good trait in a future doctor. Rather than being so quick to stigmatize a group of applicants (post-bacs,non-traditionals), why don't you just realize that we all have a right to pursue the same goals and that medicine is much better off with a diverse representation. Unless you'd like to go back to the way things
were 50 years ago when the vast majority of medical students were white
males?

Good point ebmcl

anyhow someone said that non-trads are 25+ although I'm younger than that... I think that 25-30 is still really young... I'd say anyone over 30 is a non-trad

Thanks OCEAN!!!

I am now classified as a traditional student.

YIPPEE!!!!

:clap: