1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I have a few questions, please help if you know any pertaining info.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Westside22, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Westside22

Westside22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I turned in my AADSAS application mid. Oct. I took my DAT at the end of Nov. and I got 18 avg. for academic and 19 for PAT. My overall and science GPA are both at 3.1.
    I received confirmation letters from schools letting me know that my application was complete around mid December. I have been rejected from Loma Linda and UIC, I have not heard from any other school for an interview. I applied to BU, Tufts, UOP, NYU, USC, and Temple and Loma Linda and UIC.
    I have not been offered any interviews at any school. I would really like to hear from NYU, BU, and Tufts. I do not know whether this has been because of my GPA and my scores, or because I completed my application rather late.
    Is there anyway that I can find out if the classes from these schools are filled or not, and how do I go about asking about my application status?
    When will the schools stop interviewing? And if a school's entering class is full and they are interviewing for students to be put on the waitlist, will they inform that student that the entering class is full and that the student is being interviewed for the waitlist only?
    I was also wondering if there is an online source that post last year's average GPA and DAT of students that got accepted. I found a website that had scores for entering class of 2000 I believe, but no stats for the entering class of 2001. Please help me with any pertaining information that you guys and gals know. Much is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Westside22

2. terp99

terp99 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I think your scores are good enough to get into some of these schools...but the reason why some of the schools MIGHT not give you an interview is because your application was a little late. I would email the schools or call to find the info. you are seeking; interviews, classes filling up, etc. For stats about the 2001 incoming class many schools post these on their website. I would guess that some schools would give you an interview but it might take a little while longer. If all else fails, put in your application early for next year and I would say you have a very good chance in gaining addmission. Good luck!

3. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello Westside22:

I agree with terp99. I think that handing in your application in mid October was slightly late. Your DAT scores are slightly lower than the schools would like, in my opinion, but you should be fine for schools such as BU and NYU.

I think that you can call the admissions office of each school to find the status (although NYU doesn't give status checks).

They should tell you you're being interviewed for waitlist, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Buckyball