I have a question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBird008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a patient in need of speaking to a doctor, so I thought I'd post here, but if you know of a forum that would be more appropriate like a doctor-patient forum, please let me know where I can find such a place. Anyway, just wanted to know what you think. My symptom is that just a part of my thigh is numb and has been numb for three days. It feels as if I got a shot of novacaine there, but I have feeling everywhere else. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

some qs need to be answered.

1. exactly which part of your thigh
2. has this ever happened before
3. any pain, or just numbness
4. describe when and how you noticed the numbness
-anything make the numbness go away or make it worse?
5. do you have any other medical problems, any past surgeries, take any medications,
6. what do you do for a living

that should be a good start...

i would, however, urge you to make an appointment with a physician. this case requires a good neuro exam.

JBird008 said:
I am a patient in need of speaking to a doctor, so I thought I'd post here, but if you know of a forum that would be more appropriate like a doctor-patient forum, please let me know where I can find such a place. Anyway, just wanted to know what you think. My symptom is that just a part of my thigh is numb and has been numb for three days. It feels as if I got a shot of novacaine there, but I have feeling everywhere else. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

JBird008 said:
I am a patient in need of speaking to a doctor

You are a person in need of being examined by a doctor. There is no written advice on this or any other forum that can provide the kind of information you need.

On a related note, what did these kind of people do before the internet? Post the question on a 3x5 at Walmart?

jump to conclusions.. but
have surg hernia repair recently?

otherwise, yea ur gonna have to see someone

rhinosp_33 said:
jump to conclusions.. but
have surg hernia repair recently?

otherwise, yea ur gonna have to see someone

Absolutely. No one here is going to diagnose you, because we're all scared of the consequences. Is there some reason you can't see a doctor in person?

However, for academic purposes only, I saw a pt with the same complaint one time, and the dx wound up being meralgia paresthetica.

Diagnosis requires a physical examination. Go see a doctor!